Acne or Coldsore?
I have had hsv 1 since I was a little kid. I rarely ever have an outbreak. It has been quite some time since I have had one (years). I know I shouldn't, but I am acne prone and I tend to pick at my face. I had a zit close to my mouth (but no way close to touching my lips), I popped it, and then of course it had to heal so it scabbed over. Well for the last 2 weeks I have had on and off tingling near the corner of my mouth, the same side of my face where this zit was, but no present cold sore, and whenever I have ever had one it has always been in the corner of my mouth and very painful (which this has not been). I have been taking Abreva to be on the safe side....and nothing has happened, it hasn't turned into anything. I had my friend who is a nurse look at it and she told me that it was a zit that had been messed with, to leave it alone, and that it was not a coldsore. when I asked her about the tingling she told me that there are a lot of nerve endings around your mouth and nose and that it is going to be like that when you have any kind of acne or sore and you're picking at it.  

So I guess the question is should I be concerned? I have read that coldsores can be anywhere on your face, but ever since I was a kid they have always been in the corner of my mouth, no where else. The zit now healed but the tingling is still there. I just want to know if I should be worried because I don't want to spread this at all.
you posted about this previously. please keep all new questions/updates in that post - thanks!