Acyclovir Symptoms
I've been on acyclovir continuously for the past 3 years. I've never had symptoms, including itching, while on it and use it mainly to protect partners since my OBs were only about 2x a year before I started taking it. The last couple of days I've started getting some mild itching in the genital area and wonder if this is some kind of outbreak attempting to break through. There are no lesions that I can see or feel. I'm beginning with a new partner this weekend, having sex for the first time with him tonight, and I'm wondering if it's just my anxiety about the whole situation. He's negative for type 2.

Given my pattern of symptoms before starting on suppression, this is not the same kind of ongoing itching and discomfort, so I wonder if I'm just anxious. :) I would not have problems telling him we need to wait, though.
Sometimes it just sucks to be female waringblender :(   I say yes to all of the above. I'd put sex on the back burner for another week with this partner. It could be a herpes ob about to start, it could be vaginitis, it could even be pants a little tighter from too many cookies ( oh wait that's me!!  he he he ) or even just nerves as you said.  If the itch goes away all week and then starts again by next friday night - then you know it was probably just nerves about a new partner.

Have fun on your date :)

grace
Thanks, grace. I just called him and told him. He is on his way over now. It seems he "fell in love with me a little bit more" because I cared enough about him to tell him. He's bringing "Casablanca" with him. Jesus, this guy is more of a romantic than I am. There's still lots we can do tonight, though! :P Happy New Year!
LOL - there are upsides and downsides to romantic men isn't there?  

I've never seen casablanca believe it or not.  I can send ya a few cookies to eat with it though :)

Happy new year to you too :)

grace
Yes, I know it has been a ong time married, but I married my high school sweetheart and his would just be a major blow to our marriage since he would blame himself if my culture comes back positive.  I never had a cold sore in my life and in 2000 when these tears started after intercourse and became so painful and open I had 2 negative results, one culture and blood and have never been exposed to either type.  So some advice o how to deal if this culture is positive!!  THANKS  :))
It doesn't sound like the culture will be positive, though.

But how can something this trivial cause a 24-year marriage to spontaneously combust? If you two have been together so long, it seems like you could get through something as minor as this. ?? If you plan on staying together, does it really matter if herpes enters the picture?

If it is positive, one of you could have picked up herpes before the marriage.  You can "never have a cold sore in your life" and still have herpes. I am positive for HSV-1 and don't recall ever having symptoms on or around my mouth area. And if one of you was fooling around during the marriage (which isn't necessarily the case), then you get some counseling and move on from it, and hopefully the relationship ends up stronger. I don't know.

The biggest issue seems to be that you are in pain from these lesions. Get your doc to prescribe something for it, if that is happening.