Aftermath of Shingles
A couple years ago, I had quite a case of Shingles. I didn't know what it was, couldn't see the rash very well, it being on my back and all, and I was already quite used to odd and severe pain. My conclusion was Poison Ivy, I'd been out running and resting against trees previously, so it seemed logical. I treated it with calamine lotion for the better part of a month, but it just got worse and worse, to the point I couldn't put on my upper undergarments or shirt without bursting into tears. Having put off coming in my doctor warned me that there was a possiblity of nerve damage, which is what I have a question about.
Whenever something or someone hits my back in the spot where my scarring is, my shoulder jumps and sort of 'twitches' for several moments. I've used my TENS unit for treatment, it's helped the pain, but not the jumping. Is there anything else I can try?
At this point your shingles pain is chronic and unfortunately it can last for years.  I recommend following up on this with a neurologist so you can discuss your options.  Sometimes topical lidocaine patches work but at this point you might need more than that.  Having fibro doesn't help either since your nerves are already ready to jump on the pain bandwagon at the smallest of things anyways :(  Good luck and I hope you find relief for this!

grace