Herpes Community
All over joint pain from herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

All over joint pain from herpes?

After several unprotected sex acts with an old ex I began to get sick about six weeks later with slight fever, diarrhea, fatigue, and then small bumps on gentials along with burning pee. After another two weeks I went to get tested for all STD's including HIV. All came back negative except herpes. Turns out I contracted HSV 1 AND HSV 2. My doctor said that it was recent because the ratio was extremely high. Fast forward eight months later and I started having sudden joint pains all over my body everyday for almost two weeks. I don't exercise even though I am a healthy young woman so I know the joint pain is not due to working out. Can an informed and knowledgable person tell me if sudden achy joints can appear even if there is no visible outbreaks? I have heard of achy muscle and joints with herpes, but not much said on them if they occur when you are not having an outbreak. Any thoughts???
How were you tested for herpes? It's possible you are not positive at all and that it was not interpreted correctly. Post the numbers here.

Were your genital bumps cultured, or were you just tested by a blood test?

The joint thing is not due to herpes, even if you were positive for herpes. Make sure you have an absolutely positive diagnosis before assuming you have it.

I can't imaging not working out on a daily or almost daily basis. Are you too overweight to exercise?

I am not over-weight at all. I'm about  5' 4" and 115lbs and that's why I don't excercise. I have been petite and a ballet dancer most of my life. As for my test, it was a blood test because by the time I got to the doctor the bumps (outbreak) had healed and the other symptoms were gone too. HIV- was relative to the neg cutoff. HSV I/II IgG Rflx- 41.4 High (positive if >1.0). HSV II IgG 5.3 High (positive >1.1). There was no doubt in my mind that I have herpes because I saw the outbreak in my vaginal area and they looked like the pics on the interenet. Once my husband and I reconciled I told him about my incident and he went to the doctor to be tested about 3 months later. In January he was tested for both herpes and HIV and they were both negative. I am sure that he never caught the herpes from me because I was on antiviral meds and never had another outbreak from the time we got back together. The only thing is different it that I began birth control for the first time ever and a month after I started taking them the joint pain started. But I highly doubt that birth control has anything to do with this all over joint pain.
Your pain is probably not due to herpes, either. Just because you have herpes doesn't mean you should be ascribing every symptom you have to it. Do you take Valtrex now?
No, I take Acyclovir. But I began taking the pils again after the joint pain started. I did some online research and turns out there is a lot of study going on tying RA to herpes. With the hundreds of different types of herpes viruses, some doctors believe that Rheumatoid arthritits can come from herpes.
Even if it comes from herpes, you need to treat it separately.  You should make an appt with your doctor to discuss this.  You can test for arthritis pretty easily - you want to get a test called SED rate.  Its not a definitive diagnosis, but it looks at inflammation.

I wouldn't get too determined that this is all due to herpes without looking at other causes first.

And Waring - I don't exercise regularly, and I'm certainly not too overweight to do so.  ;)

AJ
I find this post very interesting because I contracted HSV2 in 2005 and in late 2007 I started having joint pain,it started in one finger and now 6 months later it's everywhere and I am seeing a Rheumatologist,he knows nothing of my HSV2 so this makes me wonder if there is indeed a connection somewhere along the line  .....
Prior to my Herpes diagnosis I never had a joint pain in my life I was fit and healthy and also certainly not overweight,I did excercise with weights a couple of tims a week before I was advised to stop as it was likely to too impact on the joints in my wrists,elbows and hands.

Waringblender : Because a person doesn't excercise every day does not suggest they are too overweight to do so or that is the reason for their joint pain,it simply means they don't suffer from excercise paranoia :)

Daisy
That is certainly useful information that I will look into as soon as possible. Thanks!
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one having this problem. I had began to worry that maybe my HIV test was incorrect because every time I type in joint pain and STD's only ghonorrhea (however it's spelled) and HIV come up. But anyway, I would like to see a specialist because like you, I never once had joint pain before until about a year after my diagnosis. When I was first informed of my HSV 1&2, my doctor told me that with the initial infection joint pain was common. I didn't think anything else about my herpes until so much later when unexplained joint pain began to occur and there was never another outbreak. I just don't get how the joint pain is EVERYWHERE!  What does your doctor have you taking for the joint pain? Is it short or long term relief? and I definitely think you should mention the HSV to your doctor. Does he or she think that this sudden joint pain is completely unexplainable and what does the doctor say?
I agree about telling your doctor about herpes.  There's no reason for them not to know, and on the very off chance that this is being caused by herpes, you aren't letting your doctor treat you the very best he can if he doesn't know.

Aj
I understand why it is important to tell Doctors the whole story,but my problem is I work in the hospital and know my Specialist,I also know many members of staff who work alongside him having worked there for over 17 years,I also know how staff talk amongst themselves regardless of patient Confidentiality rules,therefore I would not even consider this being documented on any medical history they would be liable to read,the Herpes is mine and not up for dicussion in the coffee room I would also then feel that everyone and their Granny knew my status whereby at the moment only myself and my Doctor ( outwith the hospital) knows and i'm happy to leave it that way,the Herpes doesn't bother me personally I am just not about to single handedly try to eraticate the stigma that has been impossible to do since Genital Herpes began,it has always been one of those conditions that those who don't have it love to talk about especially if they get wind of someone they know having it,we can talk about Patient Confidentaility till we are blue in the face it will never stop the chat that goes on among work collegues always adding "don't say anything about what I told you" I would then feel I was in a "nudge nudge" situation believing everyone knew,and I certainly don't need to add that to my problems right now  .....
Besides it would make no difference if my Specialist knew or not they are two separate conditions and require different treatments,if i now have RA I have it there is nothing I can do about that either,I don't see that telling him I have Herpes is going to change things or make any difference to the way I would be treated if I didn't have it.
If having HSV2 wasn't such a taboo subject no one would need to hide it,but sadly society isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

Daisy
To the original poster.....

there are many, many viruses out there that also cause all over joint pain.  There is no reason at all to suspect your herpes has anything to do with this. See your provider for a further work up since you've felt so crappy for 2 weeks now.  

grace
I do believe however that any infectious disease has the ability to trigger other conditions such as RA/ Fibromyalgia/Peripheral Neuropathy is some people ( not all ) ..... From what I have read about RA unless it is a genetic condition it can be triggered by other things,so it is very likely had I not got Herpes I wouldn't have got RA either but in saying that something else might have triggered it off like a bad flu or something.Our bodies are so complex :(

Daisy
I am the original poster. Thank you so much for your support and educational information. I will see about getting to the doctor asap.
hi i have had herpes for 7 yrs it really is not as bad as ppl think..dosent shorten life span and dsnt affect immune system(not a immune defficiancy) i have genital and ur first outbreak from being exposed is the worst a little swelling in lymph nods in genital area and joint pain in that area valtrex will help you with this and depending on ur health and STRESS in particular the outbreaks occur but they will be mild just remember to always use a condom from hear on out even with no outbreaks it is always apropiate to let ur partner know but i stress condoms becasuse ur more vaulnerbale to stds including hiv and even hcv beleive it or not but remember with a condom ur at 0 risk  good luck to u and 6 week test for hiv antibodies is 99% accurate
Ok. Lets get the record straight here people. The original poster claims that she experiences joint pain and discomfort that she attributes to genital herpes. Then you have people that post "I have HSV and it's not all that bad".
Well, they're both right. It affects everyone differently. First of all I am not a doctor nor a medical professional. I am however somebody that has had herpes for over 20 years. And I can tell you herpes reeks havoc on my body. The pain and discomfort in the joints and muscles is bad. I take Valtrex everyday. I can not miss a day or I will feel it. I am otherwise healthy. Exercise about 4 days a week. My wife doesn't suffer the same symptoms as I do. I can always tell if a doctor is either ignorant to herpes, has herpes themselves and can sympathize and or empathize or just plain gets it. So to all of you looking for answers. I say you are not alone. You know your body. You know what symptoms are triggered by your herpes. Don't let anyone try to convince you that the flu-like symptoms, muscle aches, joint pain, muscle numbness and tingling, severe itching etc... is not related to your herpes. I know mine is. I say BullS#!T to anyone that says it is not. Come walk in my shoes when I am having an episode that can last anywhere from 2 weeks to over a month. Not fun folks. And don't even hope for a cure. These pharmaceutical companies are making billions. Yes billions treating herpes. They will squash any cure that comes along. Heartless greedy pigs. The great Louis Pasteur would never survive in these times. The pharmafia would have him killed. Enough not said.
OMG!!! Ive been telling my husband for years that if I have an outbreak I get sick all over and noone believes that the two are related!!! I dont break out, I just feel like Im gonna have a breakout(swollen lymphnodes, low grade fever and some irritation) then that goes away and every bone in my entire body hurts!! My toes to my face it is horrible! I get swollen lymphnodes everywhere and then pain and fatigue and aaahhhhh its horrible! I cant get anyone to diagnose me properly, Ive had steroid injections, arthritis medicine, now they wanna say Im depressed! Ugh! I am sure that it is related to my herpes but noone will listen! So what should I do/ Take Va;trex everyday? Please help!!
I think that if you suffer that much, then yes, take it everyday. I'm not a doctor either. My breakouts used to be like once every other year, one little spot in exactly the same place everytime,  preceeded by my left hip aching for a couple days. Last fall it completely changed, and many more places have developed and it's pretty much constant, unless I take meds. I've been under a lot of unusual stress and that's the only explanation I can come up with.
Hi. Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I should know...I have herpes from an ex who gave it to me from his affair.
The best, usually only way to get a positive HSV2 test, is to use a WET swab on a FRESH sore...not a healed one. Best to get to the doc right away.
There is no cure.
But taking antivirals such as Acyclovir or Valtrex make living with it and managing it, easier.
And never share towels. Never share any mouth stuff!
Be clean, and life should get better ONLY through management, I find.
This forum has been very helpful. Thank you to everyone and there responses. I have just had my first OB on my face. A nice big lesion right under my nose. Hard to "hide" that. Although, I'm kind of glad. It is my teacher right now on a lot of levels. Anyway, the joint pain associated is what brought me here. Glad to know it's not just me. Also, here's another odd twist. Even though HSV1 and 2 are not directly related to Chicken Pox and Shingles virus, I am wondering if my encounter with a friend who was experiencing a Shingles outbreak, triggered my outbreak. It happened 2 days after seeing him, giving him a hug, sharing chips and salsa. Honestly, I had no idea what Shingles was and if it contagious (and he said nothing about that on that day). Only that he was still in the midst of his outbreak and not to hug him too hard. That was on a Sunday, my outbreak happened on the following Tuesday. It's just too weird. It's almost as if the virus has been in my system, latent, and got triggered. Any thoughts?
This forum I have found most useful, I was diagnosed about 8 years ago.  The first outbreak, I was one hot mess.  Years after, I get one small spot in the same area at the anus and a small blister in my mouth. However, in the last couple years, my legs were bothering me, kind of like Restless leg syndrome.  All this makes so much sense to me now.  In the last one to two weeks, my hips, hands, knees, muscles in legs and feet have been unbearable.  The aching is constant. I can't rest or sleep. I have been tested for RA and it has come out negative. Not only that ,4 days ago, I had a breakout. Atleast maybe, I have something to go on.  The pain has been so bad that I thought I would be in a wheel chair real soon.
I don't know how these people can say the joint/ muscle pain isn't from herpes. Google "joint and muscle pain herpes" and check out several others who experience recurring episodes of these symptoms who also have hsv1 and/or 2. I also got chicken pox at 18 about 6 months prior to being diagnosed with hsv2. Sometimes I have no problems for quite a while then it will rear it's ugly head. Of late it has been in the form of joint pain especially in the hips. Most recently all over muscle and joint pain and weakness. Lasts about 4 or 5 days and then leaves until next time.
Sorry for duplicate post. I'm doing this from my kindle and didn't notice that it acknowledged my first one. :-)  At any rate,I read more of the posts and am now more convinced than ever that my occassional joint and muscle pain is from herpes. Thanks to those who shared!
I'm searching for the same reason. I've had herpes for 30 years or more. I just realized that the all over joint pain and muscle pain attacks I'm having every few months always include a small herpes attack.I'm sick, tired and sore for a week or more with a bowel attack at the same time.

I have had herpes for three years. I havent had an outbreak in about 6 months and do not take any medication for it, I just try and stay healthy and minimize stress.

for the past few months I have had painful swollen joints in my hands, wrists, feet and ankles. I have been tested for RA and a bunch of other autoimmune disorders and every test comes back normal.

I guess my question is, wouldnt my antibody test be high at least? or WBC?
I've had genital herpes for about 9 years....my first outbreak was terrible and lasted about a month.  Since then I seem to have fewer and fewer, but the main symptom is joint pain in my legs and left hip.  I never have the lesions anymore, but know when I DO have a breakout, the joint pain always comes along with it and definitely slows me down.
I came to this site because i have h2 and i was extreamly fit and painfree till  about 3 month after my first outbreak.  I suffer from painful joints, wrist, neck, and elbows.  Kaiser said the joint pain had nothing to do with herpes but now im starting to think they really dont try to find out the rootcause.  They stuffed me full of prednison to combat the inflamation (inflammation) in joints....one dsy without and im in trouble and crippled.  Did they ever warm me of the long term effects from that drug.....hell no!  just gave me more

who else?
Well I found I had herpes a couple years ago...I had had a place break out on my left hip that almost looked like a boile and I finally found a dr that  said it was herpes and it will break out every once in awhile and it hurts .I do have alot of joint pain and noone says why except that I have osteoarthritis but Im wondering if it all isnt coming from the herpes...I just wish I could find a Dr that would find out what was wrong with me...So wondered if this breaking out on the hip is what you have...
this is an old post. if you have questions about your own situation, please start your own post - thanks!!

grace
I have had herpes since 2006 it started as genital and later i had problems on my finger the doctors kept saying it was something else but after looking it up and it coming back several time i knew it was herpes. I too am healthy and never had joint pain but now i have wrist hand and elbow pain  i dont know if its associated with it but who knows , i do however know that when i have an outbreak on my finger my entire muscle on that arm and hand hurt really bad like almost cant pick things up its soo sore but im still having joint pain when its not active or so i think its not
I have been diagnosed with herpes for about 10 months, I noticed severe vaginal and anal itching for about 6 months  to a year before the diagnosis, which I always treated with yeast infection medication and itch cream, it would  clear up after only a couple of days worth of issues and then come back during my menstrual cycle.....I had the shouting pains in my legs, tingly feelings where the sores eventually broke out, then I had a typical outbreak...sores, pain, flu like symptoms, swollen glands(especially in left hip)....since the initial outbreak, I have have one small recurrent outbreak with sores, but every month I had the unbearable itching and burning along with vaginal numbness....for the past two months I have been itch free, but have been still experiencing the vaginal numbness and pain in my left hip or groin area....and pain in my right elbow that can radiate throughout my arm from shoulder to fingertips....I am glad I found this site...it seems that I may not be going crazy after all...I have some Valtrex that I only begin taking when I feel itchy, but after reading this...I am curious that if maybe I take a a regimen of it maybe it might lessen these syptoms (symptoms)....I will post back on the results....thanks for the candid info
In spite of the fact that this is an old post, i was glad to see how recent posts have kept the conversation going and feel inclined to say that I found this thread after doing a google search on "HSV2 arthritis connection". I got HSV2 11 yrs ago and it was so bad that it drove me immediately to my gynecologist. I thought i had a severe bladder infection! It was over the holidays, the week btwn christmas & new years so the test results were delayed and so was my prescription...everything below the waist was in pain. It was flu-like with the most aching joints ever and nothing like an over-worked joint, but rather like a "viral ache".  While the doctor saw & tested a little white dot down there as an active sore, i still had to wait for the actual test to come back from the lab and took advil and salt bathes a lot over those 5 days. Aside from that sore that I later saw with a mirror, it was just the burning during urination, the redness & swelling all around the vaginal area and the aching joints of my legs and my hips. Maybe not everyone gets such an unmistakable 1st breakout (in hindsight this was probably my second breakout..the first showed itself a few months earlier as a bladder infection). I should also point out that the person I got it from was a steady boyfriend of 16 months and that we both "got tested for everything" before we stopped using condoms in our relationship. Later we learned that didn't include a Herpes blood test as you have to specifically ask for that one apparently, or at least back then with our stupid doctor. My BF never had symptoms/breakouts, but in hindsight he occasionally got fatigue that would last up to two weeks. I since think those were his "breakouts"...it's just how the virus manifested itself in his body and that continues to be the case with him. I write all these details about how I found out so that others might find this and know what they might have, to point out that not everyone breaks out or knows they have the virus, and also to explain that I definitely got an actual swab test done at that time and since then when I insist I get blood tests for "everything", i always have doctors include the Herpes test, and it has come back positive via the blood tests as well over the years. I have always preferred Acyclovir over Valtrex. I find that taking it in double dose (2 pills twice a day) works great and kicks it out of my system very quickly...Valtrex, while it contains more medication in one pill/is a higher dosage, takes twice as long for me. Also Acyclovir is much cheaper. Taking Lysine regularly helps as well I feel. I don't get outbreaks anymore either...I got them for maybe the first couple of yrs and ran to my Acyclovir each time to nip it each time I felt an itch. I also took it for two years straight since that time so I wouldn't get any breakout feelings, and to make my next partner feel more comfortable, but didn't like to continue to put daily pills in my system.

Lately I get joint aches in my hips or lower legs/knee area. It's the exact same kind of feeling I had that very first time and In addition to yoga/stretching and leg lifts/hip openers, I take Acyclovir for it and treat it as an outbreak. I'm now in my mid-40s and I believe there is absolutely a connection to HSV2 to arthritic conditions. Doctors would probably look at me like I have no idea what i'm talking about and I am hopeful someone somewhere will do more studies about this. The studies I have come across seem to be conducted in the reverse...They seem to be saying that those with RA are more likely to test positive for Herpes in their blood and this could be brought on via a number of reasons. I haven't found research where those with Herpes, already diagnosed, are more prone to getting early arthritis or even RA! I don't just think we are more prone to RA, I think we are more prone to inflammation in certain parts of our bodies, and I think it's the parts of the body that were first attacked by the virus. I also think how quickly the virus was medicated matters down the road. Some people aren't breaking out initially so badly and as a result they aren't running to a doctor as quickly as I did. At this point, I'm concerned about these long term implications in my body caused by herpes. I am thinking regular detox is important, regular strengthening exercises and watching my diet. Those are all great things regardless of why I have been experiencing this joint pain, so it's all good either way of course. It's just a little too ironic to me that my joint pain is in the exact areas that were first affected yrs ago and that taking acyclovir makes it go away. Doctors can say there's no proof or no relation, but I know my body, I know I'm healthy and fit, I know what a breakout feels like for me and I know when I'm shedding..I know that tingly "viral" feeling (as I call it), and I know that my joint pain goes away in the exact same time frame that a traditional breakout used to go away with the pills, and that I no longer get traditional breakouts. The Virus is manifesting in different ways these days..and that started 10 yrs in. Who knows how bad it could be 10 yrs from now!? Steroids are awful btw...take tumeric and other natural anti-inflammatories for as long as you can before accepting the medical communities solutions for prednisone, indomycine or other anti-inflammatory drugs. Those drugs also have long term side affects like stoke.
Wow,not everyone is overweight that doesn't hit the gym every day.And for the record I've had herpes 1 for 13 years now and definatly have a hard time healing from workouts in my joints AND muscles.for the record I love working out but just cant stand being crippled for days after.No,its not regular recovery time.I worked out for many years befor that.Herpes is a weird one because although I have had only three genital breakouts in that time it has shown up several times between my boobs.( Trust me,it feels exactly the same and is juuust as ugly as genital disgusting festering sores ) I used to live in the country for a while and thought it was just poisin oak (lol), but after moving to the middle of the city and it happened a couple of times,well...I haveto add that it has shown up on my scalp as well several times and my belly I think twice. Swollen lymphs in my neck and pelvic region came and went pretty frequently befor I totally cleaned up my diet which was already good but is almost impeccable now.In fact right now I am having a little struggle with swollen lymph glands,mostly due to stress triggers which is like a formal invitation to herpes I think.Tuff year.The virus lives in your lower spine after all so it would figure that it would cause joint pain and often in your lower back but this ***** can show up anywhere. It's the gift that keeps giving...
Had one breakout..it was very painful (7 years ago).
Got diagnosed from lesions, HSV2 only.
Took Valtrex for a few weeks and stopped once symptoms disappeared.
Never had a the typical 'visible' outbreak, however; did have a paper-cut-like area on my backside below my tailbone leading to the anus.
This would come and go and would produce a dull aching pain and a burning sensation from the open lesion.  It was almost as if my *** split.  :)

Those symptoms disappeared about 3 years ago.  Now I have RA symptoms but only in my back, knees, hips, shoulders and the symptoms occurred in just that order about every year a new part of my body starts to ache.  My only other stigma is acne from oily skin.  I take no medication.
I'm 5' 10"  155 lbs male who used to participate in a number of physical sports and have worked many jobs and wreaked havoc on my own body.
It's time to slow down and heal.

I'm changing my diet and eliminating dairy, beef, and poultry.
I'm substituting coconut oil for vegetable oil/peanut oil.
Drinking more green tea and less coffee.  More water, more vegetables.
Sleeping and relaxing more.  Feeling better every day.
Going two months now and my wife has
even lost 10 pound since Jan. 1 2014.  She hasn't been this happy in quite a while.  I plan on exercising once my energy level is back to where it used to be (I do feel more energetic) But I know I need to rest right now.

FYI in case this helps anyone out there.
Awesome breathslowly, sounds like you are really using this to your advantage to better improve your life.  Good for you, and way to take charge of situations and conquer them.  I wish you well, I too will be going vegetarian again!  Tea instead of coffee is always a good choice.
I'm not sure if you have herpes or not or are in the medical profession or not, but your information is incorrect. I've been a registered nurse for 16 years and I have had genital herpes for that amount of time as well, given to me by my husband of 11 years (he was previously infected, but had no outbreaks). Joint pain is a very real symptom when you have an outbreak. Please do not post medical information if you do not know the answer to it.  I don't care how bored you are. It makes everyone look bad and young people have no where else to turn sometimes except the internet for questions of medicine. Have a great day!
Yes, you are absolutely correct. Herpes can cause joint pains before, during, and after an outbreak. It has all happened to me. I've had this for 28 long years! I'm 48 now and it STILL wreaks havoc on my life. I've gone years without any symptoms unless they are hardly noticeable. Then I'l go a couple years having them every single month or even back to back. My husband gave it to me when I was 19 years old, he contracted before he met me and never told me. Now divorced, (we stayed together 17 years though) he giving this to me has carved a different path in my life. I get all the symptoms that the first outbreak causes even now. I still get a painful nauseating headache before outbreak, tingling, nerve pain anywhere in the body, burning urination, feeling sick, etc. I also have many urinary and bladder issues that I now wonder was related to this herpes damaging my bladder and urethra. I have gotten migraines since the time I contracted this so now believe that alot of of my migraines are related to having herpes. The headaches are excruciating. Some people affected never get an outbreak or rarely. They are so very lucky. Many doctors don't know a thing about herpes or they only say you'll get sores that will go away. They have no idea whatsoever what all this virus causes and the suffering it can cause to the person. Lysine does help to shorten duration. I just wish I just got the sores and nothing else. Its the sick feeling, headache, and pan that gets to me more than anything. I find that disrupted or lack of sleep and stress are my main triggers.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000416.htm

Herpes can cause joint pain...any latent viruses can. I am not positive but I believe a high viral load activates the natural immune response in the body...one of which is inflammation. I have had HSV for about five years. I was taking a daily antiviral and didn't seem to have much of a problem. I recently stopped taking a daily and have notice a tremendous change in my physical body. I haven't had an ulceration, BUT I have noticed my sacral region and my finger joints HURT!!! If you read the link, it is called viral arthritis. IT SUCKS...BAD!!!
Please, i need advice.
Since one year im suffering from headaches , neck pain , weekness, small rush on my pennis wich is not going away with anything and white spots also( and the skin looks like crecked all around ).
Recently i have small white spots on my tongue , also lot of cracks on the tongue and since one year tongue is white color and saliva very sticky.
I feel dizzy somethimes and also some joint pain in my right leg.
I tryied treatment with acyclovir and valtrex, also acyclovir cream pr the rush, but is not working, for pennis only the bethadine is working a little but just temporary. after few days is back, and the white small spots looks like spikes.
i did hiv test 4 times in this year and it came negative.
the test came positive last time for hsv 1.
Anyone has all this sympthoms with headache and neck pain and dizziness ?
Is there any chance that it cand be something else than herpes ?
Hi, please make your own post and we will reply there.
ok, im sorry, i will post right now, thank you
Well let me tell you something. Last week I woke up to painful joints in my hands and I thought it was arthritis since I crack my knuckles. First time the joint thing has happened, ever. A week later I felt an itch inside my vagina and experience abnormal discharge down there. The next day there was burning everytime I pee. Then I noticed an itching just above the clitoris, scratched it and it turned into a bright red bump. Went to the doctor for a urinalysis since I thought it was UTI. Then I saw three tiny blisters on the red bump.

I told the doctor that my husband tested positive for HSV-2 last year and aside from UTI, I was worried that I may have finally contracted the virus. So she gave me a series of STD tests and the results have yet to come out, but as of the moment, I am burning with fever with horrible muscle pain I have never experienced in my life. My whole body hurts so bad from head to toe that it brings me to tears, and ibuprofen only works for three hours max on me. And what I'm going through right now actually brought me to this thread.

So yes, I believe the joint pain could be related to HSV.