Always scabbing?

All the material indicates that there are blisters, then sore spots, and then scabs.....is there always scabbing? Do the sores ever just heal over? This may sound like a wierd question, but I have oral and genital lesions at the same time and the genital don't appear to be scabbing over, just healing, where the oral....huge scab...

what do you think?
I've had 2 outbreaks of genital herpes and neither time did the sores scab. I do think they may have broken open (if that makes sense) because at one point urinating was excruciatingly painful (I assume the urine coming into contact with the sores caused this). When they did heal completely though, there was never any scabbing. They just sort of healed and went away. No scars, no bumps, no discoloration. They just healed and went away. Hope this helps. Good luck and stay well.
it's easiest when you just keep adding to your original post than to keep making new ones each time.

if you are looking for a scab in the genital area like you get on your knee when you skin it, you won't see that. with oral herpes you usually get a scab like appearance similar to that but not always. mucosal skin is a bit different from skin on other body parts.

Sorry I'll keep to this thread

If the virus is dormant in you body for years (and you've never had syptoms)...is it common to get an OB both orally and genitally at the same time....or would this be a more common display of a primary infection
I know it's hard waiting for test results but at this point it's the best thing you and your partner can do instead of trying to guess who had it first and such.