Am I for sure positive fofr herpes 2?
I was tested for Herpes 2 @ Qwest. It was the HSV 2 IGG Herpeselect Type Specific AB. It came back 1.13. I have absolutely no symptoms. Should I be retested? They did not do a herpes 1 test.

Why were you tested?

You are negative for HSV-2, that is correct. Unless you have some reason to think you were infected (partner is positive perhaps), then I would not worry.
Your result was a very low positive.  You'll need additional testing to confirm your status.

How long after you had last had sex did you get the test done?

grace
I was tested about 3 weeks after last having sex with my boyfriend. Also, I tested negative in June 2007 within maybe a month after ending a relationship, Since October 2007, I've been active only with this partner. So, maybe it was a false negative in 2007 or maybe its a false positive now?  I had my partner tested and he is negative. With this low of a positive, would it be possible that this is a false positive? How long should I wait to retest? And although there are no symptoms, should I go on medication?
I read about a pcr testthat would comfirm or refute these results.  What do you think aobut that test and should I do it now?  Waiting is stressful.
The pcr test is only helpful for herpes if you have active symptoms to be swabbed. As a blood test it's worthless for diagnosising herpes.

grace
Hello.  A few weeks ago I got tested for HSV-2.  The lab was Quest diagnostics and the test was HerpesSelect HSV-2 AB- same as yours.  Coincidentally, my IgG came back as 1.13. and my doctor told me I was positive.  After talking to the lab and on this website (which both suggested getting confirmatory testing), I got tested two months later. This time My IgG was 0.84- negative.  Dont' know if you have been tested again, but obviously a low positive of 1.13 could very well be false.  I went through alot of bad turmoil for nothing.  Try getting tested again.
I retested using western blot...I am NEGATIVE.  lots of emotional turmoil till the results came back. How do we get the medical community to do better than this?  False positives are just as devistatinvg as the real thing.
i have a low positive of 2.16, since mine is between 1.10 -3.5...could it very well be a false positive?
i also have HSV1 from when i was a kid...and HPV a few yrs ago i found out, could this have possibly interfer with the positive HSV2 results.
please help!