Herpes Community
Anal fissures and herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Anal fissures and herpes

Hello all :)

I've posted on here a few times since I got my first herpes type 1 outbreak back in November and I have a few questions again...

I think my herpes may have returned this morning. I woke up and found there was a cluster of itchy, painful red bumps between my vagina and my bottom, but closer to my anus. I also feel very run down and fluey suddenly. I remember that I did get some sores there before but because the first outbreak was such a blur I can't for the life of me remember what they looked like. These look more like razor rash or a rash rather than blisters (which makes sense as I shaved down there a few days before). Do I have to wait for them to blister before I can know for sure if this is an outbreak or just stubble rash?

I know this sounds like a rather inane question but the thing that's making the situation more ambiguous is that since I got herpes the first time I've had a problem with anal fissures. The first outbreak made me incredibly constipated and I got a fissure with a sentinel pile as a result. Although I'd been taking Rectogesic and the pain in the fissure had vanished, it suddenly came back last week and then five days later I got very itchy around my anus and then these bumps appeared. Should I suspect the two are linked? I know herpes can cause fissures in the anus and although I once got a lesion culture test down there in January and no herpes on the fissure was found, I'm suddenly afraid that the pain I'm feeling there now might be herpes.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any advice would be so appreciated :)
Did you get blood ro swab test to know about hsv ?
Hiya

I got a swab test when I first had an outbreak and tested positive for type 1. I've had a problem with an anal fissure since the 1st outbreak in November. Its gone away and come back repeatedly. In January when it returned again I had a swab test to make sure it wasn't another herpes outbreak, which it wasn't.

Do you have any othher symptoms ?
did you try to get igg blood test?
I don't have any other symptoms except that these spots that appeared this morning really do hurt when they're touched and also because they are kind of between my bum they're also very painful when I walk around. They hurt more so than an ingrown hair might. During my first outbreak I felt incredibly ill for about a weak, very achy and fluey and had swollen glands in my groin and a high temperature. It was also insanely painful to pass any BM and this made me extremely constipated, to the extent where I couldn't actually go for 7 days :( Aside from feeling run down and heavy headed, I don't seem to have any of those other symptoms now but I do know the second outbreak is not as bad as the first. I was just hoping the second outbreak wouldn't come so soon :(

I live in the UK and here on the NHS you are only offered a swab test IF they suspect you have herpes. No blood tests unless you go private, I think.
I think painfull spots with laymph nodes and fever related to infections like herpes or something else or medicine reaction.
Did you have lower back pain, flu, itcht?
could this be your herpes reoccurring? it could be but it also could be other things going on. the best ting to do is to be seen and get some basic testing done.

are you taking something to keep your stool soft and regular? ( not sure what products are offered in the UK  )

grace
Hi Grace

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to the clinic tomorrow morning to get it checked out. Pretty sure by now that it probably is an outbreak as I'm in the same sort of pain as I was in last time :(

I'm taking Movicol which is fine as long as I stay on it. As soon as I'm off everything's terrible again. The irony is I never had a problem with fissures or constipation before the first herpes outbreak. It makes me wonder about the possibility of herpes proctitis. Its something I'll definitely ask about tomorrow.
doesn't take much to get our digestive system off track unfortunately :(    sometimes once you start getting problems, getting them completely cleared up isn't easy. best of luck!