Antiviral Treatement & HSV-1
Would it be worth taking an anti-viral treatment for genital HSV-1 to reduce the risk of transmission?
We don't have any studies to know if it's worthwhile or not. hsv1 genitally doesn't shed often to begin with so the risk of transmitting is lower than that of hsv2.

grace
Would you agree that there doesnt seem to be a lot of research done of HSV?  If there is a way of getting involved in research, I would be happy to donate myself as a guinea pig - where would be a good place to start finding out about trials?
This is a TON of research on herpes.

Hsv1 doesn't reoccur as often and it's less likely to be the cause of genital herpes so it's harder to get the same kinds of studies we have with hsv2.

If you are interested in participating in clinical trials - www.clinicaltrials.gov is the best place to start :)

grace
Since from your other post I see you aren't in the US - the clinical trials link won't be so helpful :(  

Have you contacted any australian herpes support groups?  I'm not sure if the HELP group in sydney is still active or not.  You can google herpes support, australia to look for a group near you. I thought there used to be a terrific group in australia but so far I haven't found the link I was looking for :(  Hopefully you can find it!  They should be better able to help you find the info on herpes research in your area.  

grace
I will give it a go.  Thank you!