Anxious
This is for Dr. Handsfield or Dr Hook.  I have recently tested positive for hsv1 > 5.00 and hsv2 1.3 and Im shocked. I have never had an genital lesions.  I took the Herpesselect test quest offers.  Do you think this is a false positive?  
They only answer the Expert forum.  It costs $20.  Save your money and let the folks on this board answer your question...

That's a low positive reading and could very well be a false positive.  When was the last time you had sex?  I ask because a low positive COULD be indicative of your body producing a full antibody response - if your last sexual contact was less than 3 months ago.  Even then, this could be a false reading, I'm not trying to scare you.

You're going to want to get tested anyway to confirm.  Until you test, abstain from sex but keep in mind that there is a good chance you will test negative.
I received oral sex in Early july.  Thats it.  
That encounter would not have impacted your HSV2 status whatsoever.

Looks like a very good chance this was a false positive.  I say that because, if you had actually contracted the virus prior to your July enounter, your reading would likely be much higher than '1.anything'

Get retested pronto and stop worrying about it.

If that test is low positive again, post here and we will discuss next steps.
Thanks tim in Boston.  I appreciate your help.  Are you involved in healthcare?  Thanks again
I am not a herpes expert.  But, I have spent many months sorting through HSV information and filtering out the crap from everything that comes from anything resembling a credible source.  If your issue wasn't such an easy one to address, I wouldn't have touched it.  I only comment when I have something to say that I know aligns closely to or exactly with something you would have heard from one of the experts.

I could elaborate more on what I told you, but please trust that on oral encounter cannot pass HSV2.  And your body wouldn't still be building antibody since July.

You're good.