Are any of the generic Valtrex Gluten free?
I'm Celaic and having a difficult time finding the inert ingrediance in Generic drugs.  the VA switched to all Generic - no waivers - I'm having strong allergic reaction to Valacyclovir and can't get another perscription.  I have used Valtrex with no side effects for 10 years as a preventative treatment and it has worked very well.  one week on Valacyclovir I not only had break out, but sinus swelling, headache, swollen tongue....  I've fought the "system" for 9 months now, buying Valtrex at full price in the mean time....the symptoms act like Gluten allergy, but are they perhaps reported Valacyclovir side effects?
no these aren't typical side effects to valtrex.

have you tried writing the manufacturer that your local pharmacy uses to see if they use any gluten products in the "filler" part of it?

what about acyclovir? I admit I have no idea what the non-active medication parts of it are but your local pharmacist should be able to work with you for this.

best of luck!!!

grace