Are these Herpes Symptoms?
Hi Terri,

I think you've been wonderful in providing your advice for many people like us who suspect/have HSV, big thanks!

I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 12 years ago, after sex started getting painful and little red spots appeared on the tip of my penis and I went to see my GP and he ordered a blood test for me. The little spots went away on their own after a few days. Subsequently, I never had the red spots recurrence again.

Few years later, I started having another problem. I would start to have what first looks like rashes developing on a particular spot (size of about a coin) on my pubic region, and within the next 1-2 days develop into fluid filled blisters and be very itchy. I would burst the blisters with a clean needle and squeeze the fluid (occasionally with some blood) out, and then the blisters would subside and heal within the next few days. Initially I thought it was a skin irritation of the hair follicle since its a pubic region and because I'm an avid golfer and always getting a lot of sun, that
s why the skin got irritated. But then it came back again, about once a year. Occasionally i would have swollen lymph nodes in my groin, and sometimes have flu-like symptoms (as described by many sources). But I can't remember I first came down with flu then the outbreak came or vice-versa.

But my main questions are :

1. These blisters ALWAYS occur at the same spot in my groin, it has never appeared else where like my penis or scrotum or anus. In fact, the small patch of skin in this region has become slightly discolored (darkened) due to the episodes. Is this normal of HSV2 outbreak? I thought the "sores" will appear anywhere randomly and not fixed on a particular spot?

2. I don't really know how to differentiate between a cold sore and a blister, but i guess its really subjective and different presentation of symptoms in everybody, but I have never experienced the "painful sores" as described by HSV2 sores. Its just itchy rashes, turns to fluid blisters and then dries up and heals.

It is also weird that these symptoms only appeared years after i was first diagnosed with HSV2, since I read that the first outbreaks were supposed to be the worst?

Need your friendly and expert advice pls, thanks Terri!

Max
you have to pay to post to Terri warren on the herpes expert forum. she doesn't come to this forum.

grace
Thanks Grace, I'll try and figure out how to do that.... do you have any comments on my questions pls? Thanks!
Can't figure out how to pay and post to Terri, Grace.. can you advise?
Hi Grace, where do you recommend to get generic Valtrex? I'm not from USA, i'm from Singapore. Pls help to advise? Thank you!

Max
I'd be seen the next time you have symptoms and get them swabbed to confirm hsv2. do you recall how you were originally diagnosed?

The first time was when i experienced pain during sex, and flat red spots appeared on the head of my penis, totally different from what i'm experiencing nowadays. I went for a blood culture (no swabs done), and the results came back that i was HSV2 positive. I'm trying to dig out the blood test result to check the values but am having difficulty cause it was so long ago... what number should it be to be a confirmed genuine positive?

Also, can you advise on which online pharmacy i can get generic valtrex safely (out of USA)?

Thanks Grace so much!

Max
Hi Max,

Your symptoms are classic genital herpes symptoms. I know that as I have the same symptoms as you.