Asymptomatic Herpes ? extreme health anxiety !
Over 4 months ago I stupidly had unprotected sex with a male herpes carrier. He is a good friend and has had it for more then 7 years. He wasn't having an outbreak at the time. I have extreme Health anxiety and ever since I have been checking myself "down there" everyday and every time I feel something tingle or any sensation I panic. My doctor told me I would definitely of noticed something within the first month because of my extreme awareness of "down there". I still am not eating and stressing though because I somehow think shes just saying that. I have started anxiety meds and hope that will help. Is it possible I am an asymptomatic carrier or am I just stressing over nothing? I need opinions !
If you have no form of HSV already, then your doctor is right in saying that most likely you would have known within 2 to 10 days that you were infected.

It is also possible, particularly if you have an oral cold sore infection, to become infected asymptomatically. The only way to then know is with a blood test, best taken 12 weeks after the encounter.

With an established infection, with protection and if he's taking antivirals, the odds of transmission are very low.