Aa
A
A
Close
Asymptomatic Herpes ? extreme health anxiety !
Over 4 months ago I stupidly had unprotected sex with a male herpes carrier. He is a good friend and has had it for more then 7 years. He wasn't having an outbreak at the time. I have extreme Health anxiety and ever since I have been checking myself "down there" everyday and every time I feel something tingle or any sensation I panic. My doctor told me I would definitely of noticed something within the first month because of my extreme awareness of "down there". I still am not eating and stressing though because I somehow think shes just saying that. I have started anxiety meds and hope that will help. Is it possible I am an asymptomatic carrier or am I just stressing over nothing? I need opinions !
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
If you have no form of HSV already, then your doctor is right in saying that most likely you would have known within 2 to 10 days that you were infected.

It is also possible, particularly if you have an oral cold sore infection, to become infected asymptomatically. The only way to then know is with a blood test, best taken 12 weeks after the encounter.

With an established infection, with protection and if he's taking antivirals, the odds of transmission are very low.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources