Herpes Expert Forum
Asymptomatic Shedding

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Asymptomatic Shedding

Hey,

Sorry for my ignorance but I was wondering about spreading the HSV1 virus without an outbreak. I met this guy at a party and we had a couple of cokes while we talked. He then took both glasses and refilled the glasses with coke and accidently gave me his and he took mine. I drank out of it. I found out he has had cold sores but had not had one in 6 months. He didn't have one then. There isn't any chance of transmission of HSV1 to me is there? Thanks for any information.
I think the chances of transmission of HSV 1 in this way is extremely unlikely.  
Terri