Herpes Community
Asymptomatic herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Asymptomatic herpes

Is it at all possible to have never shown or perceived any symptoms of herpes considering your immune system can never be at 100% all the time?

What I mean is, there are many times in your life when you are over-exhausted, run-down, over-trained from excessive exercise with flu-like systems or have a common cold; in these cases your immune system is compromised. When compromised in such a weakened state, how is it possible not to have an outbreak or show any symptoms of herpes if you have it?
everyone responds differently to the virus :)
I am aware of that but are the "strong" asymptomatic ones able to suppress outward signs to that extent?
it's most helpful when you keep all your questions in your original post instead of making new ones.

did you and your partner ever seek out testing? you can wonder like this all day long but you need the testing to have a better idea of who has what.

grace