Herpes Community
At home remedies for Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

At home remedies for Herpes

So i recently contracted herpes 2.. wonderful right? anyways .. ive been looking at different topical creams but i havent gone to them yet.. i tried using Aleo Vera Gel on my lesions and in about 24 hours.. they disappear.. just curious if this is bad? I heard something about not using talc on them, any truth? if anyone has any other at home remedies for lesions or anything that can help ? oh and if anyone has taken valtrax or anything similar please share too! THANKSSS!!!
did you contract from unprotected vaginal sex or oral sex, or protected vaginal sex?
unprotected vaginal sex. y?
hi alex

tea tree oil is available at all health stores and sometimes in the section of Walgreens or CVS where products for Hispanic and /or Black  people are.  My husband dabs it on his lesions with a q-tip and it has very strong antibiotic/antiseptic properties and works like a charm.
wow never heard that before.. tea tree oil huh? Aleo Vera gel ... and anyone else got something else??
Aloe vera is fine as long as you aren't having skin reactions to it. It's a common allergen ( as is tea tree oil too ) but most folks do fine with it.  Just remember if you apply something and it gets redder or painful, wash it off and stop using it.

Tea tree oil should always be diluted before using. Some folks just dilute it with water, others dilute it with another essential oil or even some olive oil.  I like it myself - I just wet a cotton ball and then put on a drop or two and apply it to the lesions. Shop around if you decide to use it though - it can run anywhere from $5 for a small bottle to $20 for a smaller bottle.

Domeboro's solution is also helpful. You buy it in tablets and make your own solution at home. Apply as a compress to lesions.

Betadine is also helpful. It can sting clothes though and shouldn't be used on a large area of skin regularly.

grace
meant to say it stains clothes....lol.

grace
Why is it important how he contracted it?

Well, no, it's not wonderful that you got HSV2, but it's not the end of the world either. Do you use any of the prescription drugs for it?
i use valtrex. it went completely away in about 6 days.