Autoinoculation Oral Herpes to Nose
I've recently been diagnosed with Oral Herpes. I don't know whether it's hsv 1 or 2, but it's on my lips, and I'm having my first outbreak. I was drinking water, and some of the water went up my lip and into my nose as I had my head back. I worried this may spread the sores into my nose. I realize that's a bit silly. Well, then when I was applying aciclovir cream, I finished applying it to my lips and immediately put my finger into my nose thinking I'd stop it early. Of course, I immediately realized what I did, having gone directly from my lip into my nose with aciclovir on my hand. I'm very worried I may have spread the virus into my nose because of all the soft tissue and it being my primary outbreak. Any comments on this situation would be greatly appreciated!!!!
How were you diagnoised with oral herpes?  Did they swab it or was it a visual diagnoisis?

The reason I ask such a questions is we usually get it as a child even if we don't remember having cold sores as a kid.  

HSV infects the nerves in our face region.  You can actually already get a coldsore on your nose, lip, cheek, and even your chin.  Takes a little more than water to autoinoculate an area.  The cream doesn't really help that much with cold sores.  It wasn't that effective.

The best thing to do is get a blood test done using a hsv type specific igg test.  The reason I state this is it will tell you which type you have.  If a culture was done your doctor should call and have the culture typed as well so you know which type it is.  

you also paid to post to Terri Warren and she's given you the answers you are looking for I think. continue to follow up on your post there as needed.

grace