Herpes Community
Baby in my play group has herpes... can my daughter get it?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby in my play group has herpes... can my daughter get it?

A baby in my daughter's play group has oral herpes. The mom says that her pediatrician says the baby is safe to be around other babies, but she is still going through blood tests and other treatment it sounds like. Should I not allow my daughter to be around this baby ever? I feel bad. This mom is very sweet and means well but I worry about my daughter's health. I'm really torn here.
Tags: Baby, Herpes, play
Related Discussions
101028_tn?1348750963
30% of us contract hsv1 orally before we ever set step into public school. it's very common in general - even in infants and toddlers.   Odds are that either you or your partner also have hsv1 orally whether you know it or not even.  Most of us who have oral herpes don't get obvious cold sores to know that they are infected.  

when a child has active cold sores, they shouldn't share their pacifiers or cups with others. same as if they are "kissy" kids, they shouldn't kiss their play mates while they have active lesions present.  

we don't tell parents to keep their children out of day care or school because of oral herpes. there's really no reason for your child not to play with this child or for them to be excluded from play group.  

hope that helps :)

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949