Herpes Community
Blood test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Blood test

i tested 1.2 for type 2 herpes on a blood test; initially i had red spots on the tip and the shaft of my penis. The physician i went to said she didnt think that it was herpes because it was not painful but it was sensitive and she said it could be from having rough sex. i had never noticed symptoms before in my life. She said it was a good possibility that the results are not correct. Then I went to a specialist and he said blood tests don't mean anything. what are your thoughts on it and what should i do?
how long prior to your testing had you last had sex?

grace
it was around 12 months prior and i got oral sex probably 10 months prior
sorry i misread your question. I had been having sex a lot right before this happened. i had sex the night before i noticed in the morning. I had been having sex with condoms and lube. I could see how it would be from having rough sex because I usually do not have sex a lot. But prior to this one girl i had not had sex for 12-10 months.
what are the chances that a girl gave me herpes type 2 from giving me oral sex?
you aren't likely to have contracted hsv2 from receiving oral sex.

since you had sex that soon before testing, you'll need to wait and repeat your herpes igg blood testing 3 months from the first test.

Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers