Herpes Community
Breakout on hand - remedy help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Breakout on hand - remedy help

I have HSV2 both vaginally and on my hand. It doesnt seem like I get vaginal breakouts often but do get them much more frequently on my hand, every 3 months or so. I have a few questions. I have Acyclovir, what is the best way to take it to help the blisters from getting big? I just starting having the red dots this morning. Is there anything over the counter or homopathic to apply topically to help them dry up. What is the best way you have found to minimize the outbreaks and how do I know if Im shedding or not? I have a 7 month old baby that Im TERRIFIED of spreading it too, I will do anything to protect him. TIA, you input is very appreciated.
Tags: hand, remedy
definitely start antivirals at the very first sign of a recurrence - they work best if started before you see obvious lesions.

domeboro's solution is terrific to use on the hands. You might have to ask the pharmacist where it is in the shelves - it's a little hard to find sometimes. it comes in a tablet that you mix in water and make a solution out of. Dip some cotton balls in it and apply it to your hand several times a day for pain relief and to help dry the lesions out.  

you also can try just steeping a tea bag, letting it cool and applying that as a compress too.

when you have an active lesion on your hands, wear gloves to change your babies diaper until the skin has returned to normal.  same with bathing your child.  

grace