Herpes Community
Bump/lump underneath skin near thigh/pubic area

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I JUST noticed this lump/bump underneath my skin because it hurt. I went to get a flashlight and a mirror to look and it has a line/stretch mark to be going through it. It is very tender to touch, it does not have puss/blood and does not itch.

I am just worried it could be herpes. I have had a new sex partner unprotected but he has to get tested every 3 months because he's a cop, everything came back negative.

Help!
Hi, do they test him for herpes every  3 months also? With many with first time hsv2 breakout there are primary symptoms like a fever, muscle aches and flu type symptoms as the body is making and aggressive immune response to build up antibodies. If this is herpes then it might be from a prior infection breakout. If you dont have it prior and dont have any of these symptoms its most likely a pimple. Also hsv2 in the genital area can be very painful.
It might be to your advantage to have it swabbed within  48 hours after appearing if you concerned its herpes.
He said he requested to get tested for everything. I am laying down right now and it does not hurt, it only hurts when I push down on it or when my underwear/jeans rubs on it. I have no other symptoms, I am not sick with flu-like symptoms. I just checked my temp it is 98.9. The bump seems to be the same color as my skin besides the red line/stretch mark going through it.
Maybe just a pimple or inflamed hair folicle