Bump on my vagina
I recently noticed a semi-large red bump on my right labia.
It started out fairly itchy then got a little painful.. its only one bump and i do not see anymore around it or near it.
It is starting to heal but is taking a long time.. it has a hard dry skin layer over top of it.
Could this be herpes???? I have researched it and its the only thing i can think of that it could be.
It doesnt look like any of the pictures seeing as it is just one bump but some of the symptoms match.
Please help me!!!
This could be many different things and the best thing to do is to follow up on it monday with your provider. It sounds like it's well on its way to healing so a lesion culture isn't possible at this point. You can ask for a type specific herpes igg blood test and if you have a regular partner, they'll need one done too.

grace
thank you so much.. it just doesnt look like any of the pictures ive seen online and ive done days of researching.. but some of the symptoms are the same as it has lasted around two weeks and it was initially a sore and is now healing with dry flaky skin.. it almost looks more like a syphilis sore seeing as its just one sore but it hurt and itched a little which they say syphilis sores dont... so im just very confused and im scared to go to the doctor right now..
As grace said, you should see your medical provider. Don't self-diagnosis.

As well, fear does you no good. Going to the doctor will solve that and getting a correct diagnosis...
Okay.. one more thing.
The sore is healing but i did notice that there are pubic hairs that have grown through it.
Is that typical of a herpes sore to have hair grow though it?
It's called a hair follicle.
Thank you. Can these be itchy too? and when they heal do you know if they cause dry flaky skin on and around them??
Yes indeed. When I shave the bikini area, sometimes a hair follicle becomes irritated, and it can have a white flakiness around it as it heals/hair grows in. VERY common. Itchiness that rivals a mosquito bite sometimes, too.
Really.. can it take up to two weeks to heal?
And i have a slight red mark left from where it was.. it isnt raised anymore and i have shaved down there so i cant see a hair in it anymore.
And when it was at its worst stage, like an open sore kind of, i didnt notice a hair in it but didnt really look, i only noticed it after it started to dry out and heal then it got really dry and flaky especially if i scratched it, it practically came off like dandruff (gross i know). And there is only one bump thats what makes me skeptical about it being herpes as there is usually more than one bump..
If it's infected, yes. Still, go with grace's suggestion of following up with your medical provider. No one here can tell you for sure what it is.
No, there is not usually more than 1 bump with herpes.

It's time to turn off the computer and go and be seen and get a proper medical evaluation started. If you and your partner haven't been tested for std's since you've been together, now is a good time for you both to get it done while it's on your mind. Be sure to specifically ask for herpes igg blood testing - it's not a part of routine std testing in most clinics.

grace