Herpes Community
Bumps on my forehead

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Bumps on my forehead

I had bumps on my forehead since September. Now it is December. I recently took some pictures of them and sent it to my dad, who took it to my family doctor back home. THe family doctor said it looked like Herpes. I have tried to treat the bumps with over the counter wart medicine. The medicine does cause the bumps to fall off, but they tend to grow back again in the same area but not at the exact location. Some of the bumps apear in a thin linear fashion. The bumps themselves are darker than the skin pigment. The bumps themsleves are not mucousy at all. Some bumps do resemble the lesions appear on Herpes. I really don't know what to think. The doctor examining from the picture said it must be herpes, but i did some research, and the many of the symptoms dont' match.
I'd stop using the otc wart medicine on your forehead!!!

Herpes will not last for this long.

you need to see a dermatologist and get a proper work up done. a picture diagnosis won't cut it at this point.

grace