Bumps on upper inner thighs
About a month ago I noticed a medium sized red bump on my upper inner thigh near but not on my genitals, I assumed it was razor burn and didn't think of it again.  A few days later I noticed a few more bumps on that side and also a few bumps on my other upper inner thigh, these also being near but not on my genitals.  There is a small cluster on my right inner thigh but there are other bumps that are not in clusters.  Now on my right inner thigh they have started to appear further down not by my genital region at all.  I am concerned that these are herpes but have researched and found out that it is rare for herpes to appear on the thighs.  Again there are no bumps on the "lips" or inside my vagina that I can tell.
The best thing to do is see a doctor.  Bumps can be anything.  That is the first place to go so they can look you over.  You may want to check into a a dermatologist first since they deal with skin related issues but if you can't get into quickly see them you can see your normal provider or a STD clinic located in your area.  When was your last sexual experince?  If it was more then 3-4 months ago ask to be tested for Herpes using type specific IgG test and this will give you an accurate view of your own herpes status.  But the best thing is if you can get a culture of any active sores.