Herpes Community
Can I have a normal happy life with HSV2?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can I have a normal happy marriage life and bring healthy kids with HSV2 with out transmitting it to my wife, if i take acyclovir 400 mg 1 pill everyday for life? also can I transmit HSV2 by kissing from mouth to mouth if I have HSV2 inside my mouth? thank you very much and looking forward in hearing from you.
I dont have HSV2 inside my mouth but I have it on my Genital area. and what is the chances to transmit HSV2 by kissing?
I really recommend you purchase Terri Warren's new book " the good news about the bad news". it's under $15 on amazon.  It goes into far more details than her free herpes handbook and it just really sounds like you'd benefit from reading it in general. it's terrific!

acyclovir is not effective when just taken once a day. You need to take it 2x/day every single day as suppressive therapy if you chose to take it that way.

Genital herpes is not transmitted unless there is contact with your genital area.  just kissing isn't a risk.

grace
Thank you very much for you reply, and i just purchased the book and i should receive in in three day.

You said, "Genital herpes is not transmitted unless there is contact with your genital area." Does that mean if my genital touched her lip she could catch HSV2 on her lip?
I was just confirmed infected with HSV2 today after 2 weeks exposure from the virus.... Can you plz kindly advise me.... what should i do now? im in a state of shock and disbelieve.... The emotions im going through is very depressing.. plz help me
I am sorry to hear that, but we are in the same boat.. but Dont freak out its just a virus and you can control it, don't let the virus control you!  I  really recommend you to go to http://www.westoverheights.com/ and download the free handbook. you will find a lot of good info... also if you need help and you need to ask questions you can go on the top of this page and you will see "Post Question" and  you can ""Start your own thread""  there are some great people God bless them in every way for their volunteer work such as gracefromhhp or auntiejessi.

But you need to read whats below before posting.

""Welcome to the herpes community forum here on medhelp!! We are so glad that you found us!!  This is a forum for members to post and ask questions about genital herpes and oral herpes. We also handle questions about neonatal herpes, herpes and pregnancy as well as herpes zoster aka shingles.  Thank you for taking the time to read thru this info before posting - it really does help us help you better.  If you have any questions about posting to medhelp, feel free to ask on the board or in a private message to gracefromhhp or auntiejessi.  

When posting to this forum - it's helpful for all of us  if you keep posting to the same original post that you make.  You can bookmark your post so that it's easy to find or if you click on the "my medhelp" button at the top of the forum you can view all your posts you've made on medhelp which makes it easier to find a particular post of yours too.  It just saves us all time if we can glance thru your "story" before replying without having to go find multiple posts to read first.  It also gets very confusing when someone has 4 or 5 posts going all at the same time.   Also the doctors from the std experts forum do not stop by to read posts on the herpes or the std communities.  If you want their advice you need to pay to post on their site. Also if you’ve posted to their site, please do not post the same questions to this forum too. Be patient and wait for them to give you their responses.  Also please do not post the same question on the std community and the herpes community both.  If it's a herpes related question it should be on the herpes forum and not the std forum.  

NO PICTURES!  please do not post any pictures of your symptoms whether they are oral or genital or any body part.  First off the pictures are so small we can't really see anything anyways. also this site is pg-13 so it's inappropriate to post pictures of your genitals.  Also we are not your doctor - you need to be showing symptoms to  a trained medical professional - not to strangers on the web!   We can not diagnose you here so no need for pictures anyways.  

Patience please :)  We are all volunteers here and we get to posts when we have a time. There are some absolutely terrific posters who stop by the forum regularly who will gladly help you when they have the time - don't get antsy if someone doesn't answer your post in a hour or two.  If it seems like your post got missed - just reply to it again to "bump" it up to the top again where someone will probably see it.   We strive to make sure that every post is answered within 24 hours of being posted. I know that’s a long time to wait when you are looking for info but with all of us being volunteers it sometimes does take that long.  

Please,  don't get mad if you only get the response of - you need to see your provider about this and get testing done. We will gladly help you with information and support you when you get a diagnosis but there's  only so much we can do until then. Nothing replaces a personal exam and testing done by a qualified medical professional.  Until you've had proper testing done - it's mostly guessing.   The best thing to do is to go see your medical provider BEFORE posting here on the board.  Time is of the essence when it comes to testing herpes lesions ( please check out gracefromhhp’s journal entry on this for more reading ).  

Please be aware that anyone who continues to post excessively after being asked to stop doing so by the forum community leader will be subject to additional warnings/action by MedHelp.   Also any member who creates a 2nd nickname is also going to be subject to action by MedHelp too.  

Please be curteous to the other posters and don't hijack other people's threads when inappropriate.  Start your own thread so we can help you specifically in that thread with your question.     We realize that the idea of herpes can be very anxiety provoking but we can better help you if your concerns are mostly in your own thread with your own personal information in it.  

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this before posting and thank you for your cooperation with our requests   We hope we can help you get the answers and the support you are looking for!  Also please check out our herpes healthpage - http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/STDs/What-you-need-to-know-about-genital-herpes-but-were-maybe-afraid-to-ask/show/361?cid=132 ; - you might even find the info you are looking for before you even post to the board.  

Grace and Jess  
I am sorry I have to retype it again. because Jojo902222 hijacked my thread :)))

Thank you very much for you reply, and i just purchased the book and i should receive it with in three day.

You said, "Genital herpes is not transmitted unless there is contact with your genital area."

1-Does that mean if my genital touched her lip she could catch HSV2 on her lip, then I went and kissed her on her lip could i have HSV2 on my lip too, then went and kissed some one-else could i transmit HSV2 by kissing?
2- Instead of taking acyclovir400mg 2x/day, could i change my medicine to                acyclovir800mg once a day, isn't it the same effect?  

Thank you very much Grace and i am looking forward in hearing from you soon...
please help....