Can a Herpes test come out positive in error?
My girlfriend has recently been diagnosed with genital herpes. We have been together for a little over two years and I have not had sex with anyone other than her. She claims the same thing. We are still fairly young (She's 19 and I'm 20). I been in the service since 2011 and I was tested twice since joining and all came out good. She also tested herself just in case and came out negative during winter one year ago. She went to see the gynecologist last week for the first time and he claims to have seen something that looks like herpes lesions. I personally did not notice anything on her genital area and neither did she. I have never had any symptoms and never tested positive and same goes for her. But the doc ran some test on her and just today he told her the results and says she's positive. I don't know how to react to this since I can't think of a way she could have got it from me or on her own if her claims of not having another sexual partner is true. So I'm curious to find out if the test could had tested positive in error or if there is another way to get genital herpes without sexual contact. Please anyone who has any knowledge on herpes and how it can be spread please reply. May god bless those who never had to go through such an experience and to those who were unfortunate to get any sort of STD stay strong and don't let it stop you from achieving your goals.  
usually herpes isn't a part of routine std testing. it very well might be that neither of you have ever been tested for it before and you'll both need to find out for sure.

also find out what testing for her came back as + so I can help you more - thanks!

grace