Herpes Community
Can a allergic reaction to latex be mistaken for herpes? Please help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can an allergic reaction to latex be mistaken for herpes? On Tuesday morning I went to use the bathroom no burning, no tingling sensation, no pain nothing. I had sex around 2AM that morning. When we started to have intercourse I felt burning sensations in my vagina and a little pain. After we was done having sex my vagina was sore when washing up and burning when I used the bathroom. Later that morning around 7am I started my cycle.   A little later that day my labia begin to itch a little through-out the day. After washing up the second time I noticed when looking in the mirror tiny bumps on my labia, so I shaved this area to see it a little better. The next day it was burning when I used the bathroom and the tiny red bumps were still present. The tiny red bumps look like blisters that are red, but really small and it was only 6 bumps around this area. Can this possibly be an allergic reaction to latex and shaving the labia, which could have irritated this area more? Or be herpes not sure. Doing my research on MD websites it said latex can cause blisters to form on the labia 6-12 hours after intercourse? But when a women cycle is about to start blisters can also form on the labia causing stress and this is consider an outbreak. I am not sure please help I am totally freaking out here. The tiny red bumps are starting to heal leaving no scab or anything.
I think you describe enough to pursue a diagnosis. Present yourself immediately to a doctor or clinic and ensure your sores are swabbed and tested for HSV amongst other things your doctor thinks are possibilities. It is worthwhile also have a blood test for IgG antibodies type specific for HSV1 and HSV2.

Have there been other sexual episodes the 2 weeks preceding the sores emerging?
No I had never experience this before.