Herpes Community
Can a herpes test of an asymptomatic be negative?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a herpes test of an asymptomatic be negative?

Recently I was diagnosed with herpes and the doctor said it was most likely whomever I last had sex with. This made sense because I had only "been intimate" with one person in the past 7 weeks and I had my only breakout less than a week after "being intimate" with them. I recently told them and they said they had no idea they had it and would be tested ASAP. Their tests came back negative and now I am very much concerned and confused as to how I have received this wonderful gift. Please help! Is there a chance the test could have failed to find the disease? Is there a way I could have received herpes and not had an outbreak for months and then coincidentally have an outbreak a week after "being intimate" with no protection? Or am I to assume they are lying to me? Thanks in advance for the help
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
what testing did you have done for herpes?

grace
Blank
I am not entirely sure, the doctor swabbed one of my sores and I took a blood test (but I think that was to check and see if I had received anything else).  As for "the last person I had sex with" I am not sure what test they got, I didn't go with them they just texted me that it all came back negative.  Since they had no idea they had it I am assuming they had the blood work done.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
certainly you have to find out what testing you had done. if you had type specific herpes igg blood testing done, if you ask for the results to post here, I can better help you. all you have to do is post the actual numeric results - e.g. hsv1 igg 5.3 and hsv2 igg .22 or whatever they are.

If you are no longer with the partner in question, unless they are willing to share their own results with you to see how they were tested, just cover your own bases at the proper times to know what you have and where.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank