Can a serology test accurately detect HSVII IgM antibodies?
I currently live in China, and recently got STD testing done nearly 4 weeks after a condom fell off with a new partner. I haven't had any visible symptoms of HSV but when the test results came back, the doctor told me that I had a "recent HSVII infection". Since I've had no outbreaks or symptoms, the doctor assumes that I am asymptomatic. I asked to be sent the results, which do not provide the name of the test. I have requested this but not yet received it and given this is a clinic in China, I'm doubtful they would have imported serology test kits available in North America. The results go as follows:

HSV I IgM -- NEGATIVE
HSV I IgG -- POSITIVE (this is no surprise, as I do get cold sores)
HSV II IgM -- POSITIVE
HSV II IgG -- NEGATIVE

From everything I've read, an accurate diagnosis can only be made from IgG antibodies. But I'm not very clear on the specifics of IgG type specific testing. Can IgG-based tests detect and distinguish IgM antibodies as well? Or would the fact that the diagnosis is being made based on IgM antibodies indicate that this is likely an IgM-based test?