Herpes Community
Can bleeding during sex cause herpes transmission?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I am a 33 year old female, and I have genital HSV-1, contracted almost 4 years ago.  After the initial infection, I've never had a recurrence, and have never been bothered by it again.  However, I did pass it on to a partner (male) during intercourse.  It concerns me as this occurred during an asymptomatic time - asymptomatic viral shedding.  I am trying to prevent this from happening again with other partners.  I am now on Acyclovir to lower risk of transmission.  My question is - if I happen to have minor bleeding during sex - just minor cuts/tears (trauma) - will this cause transmission of the virus?  Should I be fearful of the blood getting on my partner?  The person who contracted herpes from me (not my current partner) got it on an area NOT covered by a condom, so I'm not sure using a condom is going to help.  Does anyone have any knowledge/first-hand experience with bleeding causing transmission of HSV-1?
let's keep this all in your other post. we ask in our read before posting post that you keep all your questions in the original post instead of making new ones for each question -thanks for your cooperation with this :)