Herpes Community
Can chlamydia be mistaken for Herpes??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can chlamydia be mistaken for Herpes??

I went to the doctor and got tested for EVERYTHING in the books. HIV, STDs, STI, Pregnancy, everything....so I thought. I got my results and tested positive for chlamydia. But my partner who now has a girlfriend, the girlfriend got tested and came up positive for herpes! I am just confused because if I had unprotected sex with him, shouldn't he have chlamydia and shouldn't she have chlamydia as well instead of herpes?! Turns out my doctor didn't test me for herpes because he said I showed no signs when he looked at my cervix and because I told him I had no symptoms. So annoying! I said everything and they don't even test me for it. The guy has only had unprotected with me and his girlfriend. I guess my question is can chlamydia be mistaken for herpes
There is no way to mistake chlamydia with herpes. Chlamydia is usually a very silent, internal bacteria that does its worst inside your system. Herpes is an external skin condition for the most part.

If you are your ex boyfriend's only partner, then you took the chlamydia into the relationship or he picked it up from another female. Has your ex had protected intercourse with other females before you? If so then there is a possibility he has herpes. Not so likely he'd have chlamydia though.

If this new girlfriend has had a blood test come up positive for herpes then she's probably had it a while, before your ex came on the scene.

Transmission of chlamydia is believed to be very high per episode, about 1 in 3 encounters result in transmission. I imagine some men though (very few) are not as susceptible as others hence depending on the number of episodes a chance of non infection exists.