Herpes Expert Forum
Can it be herpes?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Can it be herpes?

It all started a month ago, when a pretty big white headed pimple appeared on my right testicle. I have never had any pimple or acne down there before, but I wasnt concerned much. About 3 days later, all of a sudden there was about 8 to 10 of them (maybe even more, it was scary), smaller than the first one, most on my shaft where it could have been in contact with my scrotum, but few others on the other side of the shaft. I also had a couple more on the same side of the scrotum. Most of them were acne like pimple with a white head, but some of them didn't seem to have a head and were just red. It did'nt hurt or itch, but the fact that they all appeared all of a sudden really concerned me. I looked it up and found that it could be only acne or folliculitis, but there are a few things that worry me:
- I did have unprotected oral sex (6 months ago, no contact since)
- I did have cold symptoms the days before and while it happened, but only cold symptoms, no fever. (as I read online that herpes breakouts come with cold/flu symptom)
- They've been there for about a week or two, now new ones have appeared on my scrotum and a couple on my thigh, still on the same side, but overall there's only few of them.

I'm almost convinced that this is not herpes but those things make me worry enough to reject any kind of sexual contact, just in case. I'd like to have a professional opinion. I know I should have seen a doctor during the breakout so they can test it, but I didn't and now it's mostly gone. So I really need this help.
Thank you very much,
Ricky
I agree that, by your description, this doesn't sound like herpes.  I don't think you need to worry about the period of time that has passed to have them evaluated.    The way you are describing them, they don't really go away, just get added to.  

Some things that might cause the bumps of the kind you describe are molluscum contagiosum,  or sebaceous cysts of the scrotum.  Take a look at the internet and see if any of this rings a bell.

I would expect herpes to act a bit differently - they might make something that looks like a little water blister, then break open, make a crust and go away.  Is anything like that happening?

Terri
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Most of them are gone, some new ones are still appering but in much fewer number. There is nothing such as a water blister breaking open, only acne looking small pimples that I could pop. Some of them did make some kind of crust before going away but it looked to me like any skin healing from a pimple.
OK.  If you are still concerned, go to a health care provider when you have a nice new one, and they can sort it out more clearly.

Terri