Herpes Community
Can this be Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can this be Herpes?

Hey so, I am a guy in college and I have had sexual intercourse with a fair amount of girls. For the most part, especially if they are a one night thing, I will use a condom. I haven't had unprotected sex in a long while. Anyway, probably a week or week and a half ago, I noticed some red bumps on my pubic area. Initially, I thought nothing of it, that it was razor burn or some random pimples. As time went on, they are still there and turned to what almost looks like little white heads or something, but not as white as a pimple on your face. I tried popping some, and what seemed like an absolutely minuscule bit stuff came out, followed by a little bleeding (i tried popping it pretty hard). They don't itch more than the random, sporadic groin itch I have always had since puberty, nor does it hurt or burn when urinating. Could this be herpes? There is NOTHING on my actual penis, glans (glands), shaft, or anything, just some red bumps on the right side of my pubic area. Am I just psyching myself out, or is this something to worry about? Please help!  (Also, I don't know if it is my mind stressing me out, but it looks as if they are going away and almost reappearing in other spots in the same general area? - could be my imagination) Please, any insight helps. I am stressing out over this a lot.
I also go to university in a hot climate and probably sweat a lot, I don't know if that would affect this or not. I am letting this fester in my mind so much! Any help is so much appreciated.
It's NOT herpes. Nothing you have mentioned comes close to being herpes except for the fact you spelled it correctly. :)  Don't worry, you are fine. Herpes does NOT hang around for periods of time and produce these things that you pop and bleeds. If you break the skin anywhere it will pop and bleed so you are psyching yourself out. The one thing I would suggest and you have been doing it is ALWAYS use protection!! That will keep you safe from catching most anything.