Herpes Community
Can you get genital herpes if you give head?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can you get GENITAL herpes if you give head? Or you just get it around the lips??
If you receive Oral sex from someone who has Oral Herpes then it can be transfered to your Genitals ..... If you suffer from Oral Herpes and perform Oral sex on someone you have the ability to transmit it to their Genitals ..... so bottom line answer to your question is YES .....

Daisy
Thanks Daisy....I know you can get it when you receive it from someone who has Oral herpes...but what if you give it...and you don't have anything and they have genital herpes can YOU get the GENITAL herpes???
You can't get Genital Herpes from Oral sex you can however get HSV2 Orally from giving Oral sex if the person has HV2 Genitally albeit it's it's not that common for this to happen.

Daisy
Aww thank you soo much! I'm safe LoL...are you a doctor???
this is not the doctor's forum.  

genital herpes is acquired thru contact with your genital area. if you aren't having contact with your genital area, you can not get genital herpes.  It's not going to travel from your mouth to your genitals just because you contracted it from someone's genitals.

Make more sense?

grace
Wow...yes, that's what I wanted to hear LoL..Thanks Grace! :)
just keep asking what you need to know until one of us puts it in a way that is more easily understood :)   sometimes what I think is easy as pie to understand isn't to someone else and vice versa!

grace
Ok haha...Have a great day :)
Avatar n tn
Ca you get oral herpes from licking a scrotum? I did not see any sores or lesions at the time.
If I have hsv1 & 2 and I perform oral sex on my lady but I have never had any visible cold sores or lesions on or in my mouth can I transmit it to her