Herpes Community
Can you get genital herpes if you give head?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can you get genital herpes if you give head?

Can you get GENITAL herpes if you give head? Or you just get it around the lips??
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
If you receive Oral sex from someone who has Oral Herpes then it can be transfered to your Genitals ..... If you suffer from Oral Herpes and perform Oral sex on someone you have the ability to transmit it to their Genitals ..... so bottom line answer to your question is YES .....

Daisy
Blank
Thanks Daisy....I know you can get it when you receive it from someone who has Oral herpes...but what if you give it...and you don't have anything and they have genital herpes can YOU get the GENITAL herpes???
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
You can't get Genital Herpes from Oral sex you can however get HSV2 Orally from giving Oral sex if the person has HV2 Genitally albeit it's it's not that common for this to happen.

Daisy
Blank
Aww thank you soo much! I'm safe LoL...are you a doctor???
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this is not the doctor's forum.  

genital herpes is acquired thru contact with your genital area. if you aren't having contact with your genital area, you can not get genital herpes.  It's not going to travel from your mouth to your genitals just because you contracted it from someone's genitals.

Make more sense?

grace
Blank
Wow...yes, that's what I wanted to hear LoL..Thanks Grace! :)
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
just keep asking what you need to know until one of us puts it in a way that is more easily understood :)   sometimes what I think is easy as pie to understand isn't to someone else and vice versa!

grace
Blank
Ok haha...Have a great day :)
Blank
Ca you get oral herpes from licking a scrotum? I did not see any sores or lesions at the time.
Blank
If I have hsv1 & 2 and I perform oral sex on my lady but I have never had any visible cold sores or lesions on or in my mouth can I transmit it to her
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...