Can you spread HSV-2 (genital) to the mouth through oral sex?
I just found out that I contracted HSV-2 from my boyfriend a couple days ago. We both got tested a few months back when we started dating and he was shocked to find out that he had it because he never had any symptoms. We didn't do enough research and thought that between him taking Valtrex everyday and us not having sex if he noticed an outbreak that I would be fine, obviously not the case. So now I'm scared to death to have any kind of sexual relations because I don't want it to get worse or spread to other parts of my body. I read a lot of information stating that you can spread HSV-1 to the genitals but not much information on if you can spread HSV-2 to the mouth and if so what is the likelihood? Also, can it be spread through sperm? If my boyfriend ejaculates on me can I risk catching herpes in other parts of my body besides just my mouth or genitals? Any information is helpful. I was stupid and didn't do enough research the first time around and I want to make sure I know everything I can now. I use to love sex and now I'm so afraid of it and I'm afraid it will ruin my relationship. Please help!
You both have hsv2 now. You don't have to worry about anything at all except for if it hurts, don't do it until the ob heals.  The only thing easier than you both having hsv2, is neither of you having it.

Oh and just use common sense - don't perform oral on active genital lesions.

grace