Herpes Community
Can youu get herpes from a tanning bed?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can youu get herpes from a tanning bed?

why or why not?
you have multiple, multiple questions now on the forum.  

no you will not get herpes from a tanning bed. you've received more than enough replies in the past on how herpes is transmitted.

grace
i know. sorry.

can i make you a deal? if you explain to me why you can't, then this will be the last question I ask.

its just I can't find ANY definitive answer on the web. actually, the majority of places I look say it IS possible to get herpes from a tanning bed.
maybe mistakeguy can answer?
crycry....you are so extremely paranoid about herpes transmission, please no more questions on the subject, unless you have a legit question.  It is just impossible, the virus cannot live outside the body for more than say 20 seconds...also you need skin to skin contact like friction and heat from having sex.  Overall it is utmost impossible. So no more worries, please.  I fear for the websites you have been reading as their information is wrong.
i can't help that i'm so paranoid though :S and questions like these are legit

the virus can live outside the body for like 4-8 hours in the right conditions (warm moist conditions) tanning beds are warm!

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct, please end your thread here.  You have been told about transmission by Grace who is a wonderful expert.  I do not understand why you need to feel for her to explain it to you, it is almost as if you are questioning her.  Grace is busy with this site and cannot take time out to respond to every single what if question.  I could understand if you needed an answer for a class or test then certainly, but based off your other posts you are truly paranoid.  You cannot go through life with this much of a worry. I have reviewed your older posts and you have pretty much the same questions about transmission.  May I suggest therapy if you are so paranoid about this.  My guess is if you are so paranoid about this you are about many other things.  I am not an expert but merely try to help when I can. Though your question may seem legit to you, you have been told how the virus spreads and is contracted.  Do you have symptoms? I'm guessing no.  You could even go get tested to find your own status and go from there.  If you have questions please instead of typing on the message board write to me...I will try to help you and we can continue from there.  If there is concern I will tell you to post it, but please no more of these what ifs/why questions.  This post is not to be mean and I have no ill feelings towards you.  I understand how confusing this virus is as I have been confused myself.  PM me if you have any questions.
ok i will pm you
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers