Herpes Community
Cervical cancer-herpes, what can I do?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical cancer-herpes, what can I do?

With having herpes, i've heard and learned that it gives a higher risk to cervical cancer. Is this true and what can I do to lessen the risk? The medical shots that are supposed to help with stds and cervical cancer are known to have worse side effects than even getting cervical cancer. It's a process of 3 shots of a certain medicine to help people not to get cervical cancer. So I guess that isnt going to help, is there any other kind of medicine/shot to help stop people from getting cervical cancer?
Yes indeed, I have herpes. I got in a car accident, was in a coma for a couple months, paralized for a while and got herpes from staying in the hospital for that amount of time. I can finally walk and things now. It's just that i was a virgen before my accident and a couple months after i woke, I had it. My imune system wont ever be at its 100%. With a worse immune system and having herpes, is the chance of getting cervical cancer higher?
Thanks for reading my question and concern.
Tags: Cervical Cancer, STDs, help, higher possibility
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
hpv is the cause of cervical cancer, not herpes.  they are completely different. having genital herpes doesn't increase your cancer rate.

if you haven't had your gardasil shots yet for hpv, you should consider getting them if you are a virgin. they have minimal side effects and the pain from them isn't any worse than from any other shot.

grace
Blank
I had the first shot of gardasil shots and my Dr. said to stop for the side effects and my health then. I'm not worried about the pain, just that medical workers told me that they check for things concerning cervical cancer especially because of herpes. Thanks for the reply, i'm looking further into it. Maybe they didnt understand it is HPV, not herpes. She's a CNA.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...