Herpes Community
Chapped Lips or Cold Sore?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Chapped Lips or Cold Sore?

For a little over 2 weeks I have had a slightly raised circular dry patch on my upper lip.  Then I had one on the opposite side on my lower lip.  And now I have a bit of scattered dryness on the other side of the upper lip.  The circular dry patch is not very noticeable (slightly lighter than the rest of my lip and about the size of a pencil eraser) and not like a blister, but more like a sore, except no oozing or crusting, just a raised dry patch.  I started using medicated blistex for a few days and the bottom dry patch disappeared, but the top one might even be getting worse.  When I rub my lips together they feel rough like sand paper, so I would assume that my lips are just chapped, but the round dry patch is concerning me.  I have never had a cold sore, and have been searching the internet for descriptions and pictures, and what I have going on really looks nothing like a cold sore.  But then what could it be?!!? Cancer?  eczema?  psoriasis?  Any ideas?  Thanks for your time!
Did you ever get an answer to your question or see a doctor for and answer?  I;m facing something similar and am curious.
on old posts like this,it's best to send that person a pm. better odds that they'll see that then an update to their post - that is if they even log onto medhelp regularly.

grace