Cold Sore or pimple
About three weeks ago the area around my lips started burning.  The burning would only last a few minutes in duration and then everything would feel normal for a few hours.  Then around two weeks ago, I developed a pimple below the left corner of my lip.  I have never had a cold sore before and didn't experience any of the other cold sore symptoms (i.e. fever, swollen glands) so I just dismissed this as a pimple.  However yesterday I developed another pimple below my left nostril.  The burning feeling has occurred on and off for these three weeks.  Both of these are single pimples and neither is located actually on my lip.  The pimple near the left corner of my mouth never ruptured into an open sore or caused much discomfort.  The skin is just slightly red and the bump is still slightly elevated.  I am worried that these may not be just individual pimples but actually cold sores.  If they are cold sores I have no idea how I could have gotten these as my gf doesn't get cold sores.  Also, this may be unrelated but I have experienced a lot of dry skin around my eyes and ears which I use a 1% hydrocortisone to take care of.  I'm not sure if these two things could be related.  If it would help to diagnose I could post a picture of these.  Also, I am 24 years old and don't get pimples often so this whole ordeal has made me very self conscious.
this could be any number of things going on. the best thing to do is to be seen and get a proper evaluation of things.

have you ever been tested to know your herpes status before?  

we don't look at pictures no matter what the body part. this is posted in our read before posting post as well as an explanation as to why we don't.

grace
Getting rid of cold sores without antivirals

Herpes outbreaks often occur as a result of too much arginine in the body and not enough lysine to balance it out. Cutting back on dietary sources of arginine like chocolate, nuts, seeds, and beans can cut down on recurrences. Another way of doing the same job is to supplement extra lysine.

Other nutrients, such as selenium, low-dose lithium, vitamin C, and flavonoids, can also inhibit the herpes virus. I usually recommend all of these together with lysine in formulas called HPX and HPX2 by BioTech Pharmacal. And many people have told me that ointment containing glycyrrhetinic acid from licorice helps relieve pain from herpes sores and makes them go away more rapidly.
actually the lysine/arginine theory was proven wrong a long time ago.  we are even using arginine now to treat herpes.

dietary triggers for oral herpes tend to be acidic foods not chocolate and nuts.

grace