Herpes Community
Cold Sore with Canker sores

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Cold Sore with Canker sores

Over the last month or sore, I've had three outbreaks of a sore on my lip with sores also in my throat. I will notice pain in my throat and a little on my lip so when I look, I see a pus filled blister or small ulcer on my lip and sores on the top and sides of the soft palate. The sores in my throat look like canker sores. They are there for a couple of days and then remain just a red area remaining for several more days (there will be 5-10 in an outbreak). The lip sores stay for about the same length of time. I will take a couple of days of Acyclovir when I notice the lip sore (my primary outbreak was as an adult about 8 years ago and was nasty with sores all over my throat).  Can herpes cause a cold sore and induce canker sores at the same time. I didn't think herpes recurred in the throat so am not sure what it is. Can you get canker sores on your lip?