Herpes Community
Cold sore question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Cold sore question

Hello, I have question regarding my daughter. She is 2 years old and when she was about 15 months old we took her to the ER because of sores around and in her mouth. We were told it was cold sores. I thought it looked like impetigo. My other daughter who is 5 gets them every now and then as well. Last week daughter(2) developed this sore under her mouth in the crease of her chin. It didn't look like a cold sore like my other daughter gets. But everytime I tried to put medicine on it her, she would scream that it hurt. That sore now looks better. Now, tonight I notice that she has two more sores one on each side of her bottom lip, they are connected to the lip. I put some cold sore medicine on it and her scream and said it hurt again and said ouch ouch and cried. I do not notice a cluster of blisters, but just one single blister. I asked my other daughter if the medicine hurts her and she says no. So, my question is if it was a cold sore would the medicine really make it hurt THAT bad or do you think it is something else. Thanks for your help.
you need to take her to be seen to find out what is going on.  impossible to tell online if this is herpes, impetigo or one of many other things going on.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers