Concerned
So I have had HSVII for quite some time now and my new partner is aware of my condition, but he worried me just the other day. He said that he hadn't been able to urinate all day this has persisted on into about 3 days now. He says that it feels as if his penis is on fire. So we thought ok well you might have a bladder infection. He started taking azo standards and drinking water. I dunno if he ever was able to urinate or not. I hope so. Anyways I told him that this was( to my knowledge )not a sign of herpes. Although he says he is not worried about contracting it I do everything I can to protect him from it. So did I tell him right? Has anyone else ever heard of these being male symptoms of contracting HSVII? I am just worried but my better judgment tells me that i am over analyzing this whole thing and blowing a bladder infection or maybe even a kidney stone outta proportion. He had been complaining about his back for about a week before but we just assumed it was from his work.  
He needs to go and be seen and get properly examined.  Back pain , problems passing his urine and a feeling that his penis is on fire are all symptoms that could be from genital herpes , a kidney infection/bladder infection as well as a kidney stone. He shouldn't be trying to self treat this at home - he needs seen today.

grace