Confirmatory Testing?
Hello all,

Much to my dismay, I was recently diagnosed with Herpes HSV2 after testing positive from an IgG test (index value of 1.57).

While waiting for my results, my obsessive self was compelled to do a copious amount of research on the testing methods, from which I gathered that a level of 1.57 is a relatively "low positive". The helpful and knowledgeable community that responds to other similar inquiries would often recommend confirmatory testing given a low positive.

However, the nurse that went over my results seemed to view them as a metaphysical truth of sorts, which was disappointing. Should I proceed with a confirmatory test, such as the Western Blot?

Thanks so much for your time.
Hi and yes, anything below 3 should be retested to rule out a false positive.
If its hsv2 you might just try the biokit as is hsv2 specific and is simple and easy.
Thanks for the response. Just for my own education, can you point me to where you've found this information? It seems strange that my nurse at Planned Parenthood didn't recommend this to me.
It a common known herpes test procedure. Ask any herpes specialist! Any value below 3 needs to be retested for confirmation.