Confirmed Strep throat, constantly swollen gums, blister lip
About 4 months ago, I got a fever, sore throat, really swollen gums, and a blister on my lower lip.  I was on vacation at the time, and as soon as i got back home, i went to my doctor and she swabbed for strep throat.  turns out, it was.  however, my swollen gums never went away and they were kind of receding (which makes me think that I also have gingivitis)  I'm really wondering if all this has caused some form of blister to form on my lip.  i've had a couple blisters since them, but never in the same place.  and i still have the swollen gums.  Is this some sort of bacterial infection from the strep that was never killed?  i'm just trying to figure out what's going on!
definitely need to follow up on this more. If your regular doctor can't figure it out, an ENT specialist would be helpful.  

it's been long enough to get tested for herpes to see what your status is. Doesn't mean that hsv1 is causing all of this if you come back as hsv1+ but since it's on your mind, get tested to know your status so you can keep herpes antivirals on hands if needed for cold sore treatment.

grace