Herpes Community
Confused! Help! Positive and negative results for herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

If anyone happens to read this, please answer my question, I am so confused as to what is going on my results. My bf had found a few red spots on his penis a few weeks ago and went to a dermatologist and he said it could be possible herpes or skin irritation from active sex which we are pretty active. He prescribed him medicine that is one of the medicines for herpes but the red spots went away within 24 hrs so we sorta assumed that I wasn't herpes because it went away so quick. He decided to get tested to be on the safe side and it came out negative twice, he has been tested twice and both came out negative so I did decided to get tested just to be on the safe side too and I came up positive, my igg was a 1.71. Mind you he is my only sexual partner and he has had one other partner but she is clean as well, I've spoken to her in person. So this put me in an uproar! I go and get tested again a few days after because I'm like okay if I get tested again and it's positive then it's for sure, I got and get tested again and this comes up NEGATIVE! Please help me I don't know what to do, none of my doctors are being helpful they are just saying that I have it and to pretty much deal with it but I have never had any symptoms and he is my only one partner. We are so confused and stressed out that we are at each others throats and we don't know what to believe. Somebody please help me! Is it positive that my first test was false? Can an igg herpes test be a false positive? All the doctors look at me like I am crazy when I ask this and it makes me feel dumb. Please help
what testing did your partner have done?

was your 1.71 igg a hsv1 or hsv2 igg?

grace
He got an std test that tested for all stds including herpes, aids and HIV. My igg was 1.71 for hsv2 :(
It was through lab corp. none of the doctors we have been going to see have been helpful at all which is disappointing and makes me frustrated and sad. I just want this to be over and done with
your hsv2 igg is a low positive and will need confirmed with further testing. we recommend a herpes WB blood test for this. how to get one is explained in our read before posting post on the forum.
So does that mean there's a chance it's negative?
yes which is why you need to confirm your status.
Okay thank you so much!
Is it possible for my period to alter results on my herpes blood test?
no it would not.