I received unprotected oral sex for approximately 5 minutes two days ago from someone that didn't have any visible sores but was probably a high risk. Now I'm freaked out after searching the Internet and I'm very confused.
Here's what I've gathered:
* You can get HSV1 from receiving unprotected oral.
* Incubation period is generally 2-7 days for all types of herpes
* Other STDs are much harder to get by receiving oral
* You can get also HSV2 from receiving oral but it's highly unlikely
Is that correct?
What I don't understand is:
* What are the symptoms of HSV1 genital herpes? Are they the same as HSV2?
* During the prodrome stage HSV1 genital herpes, a fever can occur but what about congestion? Or, do I just have a cold?
* How safe am I if no blisters show up after 7 days? I know I won't be 100% in the clear but will I be at least 95%?
* What are the chances of getting HSV1 from oral if you've never had normal HSV1? Are they the same as oral to oral? If there's a 3-5% chance of passing HSV during shedding does that apply to all types of contact?
* WHEN CAN I STOP FREAKING OUT
have you ever been tested for herpes before to know your status?
no need to be checking out your penis daily. if you contracted a std from this encounter, you'll know it. you'll either have lesions that are painful or itchy or you'll have pain and/or discharge with urination.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.