Confused about test results
I have just been told I have HSV-2 through a herpes type 1-2 specific AB test. I have never had any symptoms and my last sexual encounter was 19 days ago. I have been checking myself since the last time I had sex. I have nothing visible. I have a problem with my colon which turned into a bladder infection which is affecting my kidneys as well. I had all the std tests done and hsv-2 came out positive. The test was done 02-04-13. My stomach problems have been going on since January 13 and have gotten worse now that I have a bladder infection. I'm really confused about this test result because I have not seen or felt anything herpes related. Is it possible that the test picked up different antibodies and made it positive. My doctors can't even explain this and my sister whom is a doctor as well is confused. I want to believe that it is false positive but I need some facts. I haven't gotten the numbers yet.
Can the bladder infection throw off a blood test for herpes?
the only std testing that was accurate 19 days post encounter was gonorrhea, trich and chlamydia, all other testing was done too early.

I can best help you if you post the actual herpes test results - e.g. hsv1 igg 7.9 and hsv2 igg 3.2 or whatever they are. since you had sex so recently though, if you have a low positive, you are going to have to wait until 4 months post encounter to confirm it.  

grace
Thanks Grace!
So if I was truelly positive shouldn't I have seen and felt symptoms by now?
And what could be some factors that could throw off the test?