Confused
I've been doing alot of research and the more I research the more confused I become. Ok my story goes: 6 years ago I have a classic genital HSV initial outbreak, the guy swore he didnt have (whatever). I get viral cultured and the test comes back "inconclusive". By this time the lesions are healed and Im still clueless. 4 months later I get blood tested for HSV, it came back negative. 4 years go by and no symptoms what so ever (I was with 2 men and neither has this or symptoms). Late 2011, I have another outbreak, I get tested about 4 - 5 days later its positive (no specific type and I didnt completely trust the Dr.) and the Dr. says yes its HSV because it was painful sores. Ive recently had yet another outbeak get tested and again its negative. I am going to get another blood test soon. My husband is still fine with no signs or symptoms and he thinks Im crazy and its not HSV. What is going on? Im so confused can test ever truly be trusted???
so what was your testing that was positive?  was that a non-typed lesion culture?

grace
Yes, it was a non typed lesion culture from planned parenthood.  
Thank you for responding. Its kind of affecting my marriage because my husband thinks Im being "overdramatic" about it and our intimate life. He seems to "know" that he would have it also if I had it, I try to explain thats not 100% true. Ok, Ill stop rambling now, Im just feeling disappointed in the fallacy of these "diagnistic" test.
Hi Grace, one more question came to mind. Should I request the physical results from the pos test to be mailed to me?
odds are this is a hsv1 genital infection you have. It's really unfortunate that your provider didn't order the lesion culture typed so that you would know.  Since hsv1 genitally tends not to reoccur very often, hard to confirm your status quickly.   Hsv1 isn't picked up on with herpes blood testing as well as hsv2 is so since you are consistently testing negative on herpes igg blood testing, this is more likely what is going on.

has your husband been tested to know his own status?
My husband is negative blood test, never had symptoms for a swab. The last negative test was also a swab test. So Ive had 1 neg blood test, 1 pos swab culture, and 1 neg swab culture. So I was going to try another blood test but if it wont pick up on it, Ill save my money.  This is one of the most confusing diseases ever. I requested my pos results so maybe itll have more information for me. Are the herbals any good? Ive been reading on Lysine, lemon balm, olive leaf, and zinc. Id prefer not to take any -cyclovirs
none of the alternative treatments you read about online really do anything. Hsv1 genitally already doesn't shed much or reoccur very often so in general we don't recommend suppressive therapy for it.   nothing you mentioned makes any difference in recurrences.  it's unfortunate that many sites continue to promote things without including the research that has been done that shows you are wasting time and money :(  

if it is hsv1, not likely you'd transmit to hubby but always avoid sex during obvious symptoms genitally to err on the side of caution.
First, thank you much for the input. My end all questions: if you were me would you get retested? And how likely was the pos test wrong in your opinion? And, youre right there are so many sites including web md and testimonies about the herbals ;( cest la vie.
I'd keep being seen every time you have symptoms and insist that they type any + cultures.  

not likely that + herpes lesion culture was falsely positive. false negatives are the issues with that, not false positives.
Hi Grace, Im back. Do you know or think that it means anything if the outbreaks are not in the same spot? Does this mean it is traveling?? or spreading it self?? Also, how likely is it to transfer to fingers from touching them? Ive touched them with both obs to see if they would hurt. Nothing has happened thus far but Im woundering if I should pay attn to my fingers now??? By the way Im going to try the blood test 1. to see if it is positive and 2. if it is so I can have a type.
and why was it silent for 4 years after the initial then came back double that within a year? If Ive read correctly recurrences seem to be almost evenly space esp if its genetics that countrols the rate.
ob's aren't always in the same location.  At this point it's going to be a matter of figuring out if it's all a herpes issue or not going on down yonder when you have symptoms. Pain in the butt to keep being seen all the time but it's the best thing to do at this point.   you don't have to worry about spreading your herpes around - just wash your hands after using the toilet or touching yourself intimately - things most of us tend to do anyways :)

not unusual at all for herpes to behave the way it is for you.  Even though with hsv1 genitally recurrences tend to be few and far between, they can be more often.
Ok so I requested my results. It was a rapid method hsv testing. Is there any information that should be on the results besides the word positive? The sourse isnt even listed?? I also went take another blood test just in case and to type (waiting on results). I had yet another mild ob recently  really odd for me seeing as though years went by and nothing. The obs seem to be 2 bumps/sores and none have been even close to the same location. I read that it is atypical for ob to just jump around like that?? Im starting to worry that this may not be HSV and maybe something more serious or autoimmune. The last ob left white marks in the area of the sores, Ive never had scabbing. Is that normal?? Lastly, I know you said the supplements dont really work but if applied to the lesions would they caus any adverse reactions that you know of??? Thanks
Should I call quest and ask for further explanation??
be seen every time you have symptoms.  

Easier said then done, not only would I have to have the money I would need to be free from work. Anywho blood results  came back pos for HSV 1... neg for 2. Anything else happens Ill try to get back in.
well odds are your genital herpes is hsv1.  Your new and more frequent symptoms, are most likely something non-herpes related from the sounds of things.  I know it's hard to be seen but when they reoccur, be seen and make sure they also test you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally too.