Herpes Community
Continually Getting Cold Sores Why

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Continually Getting Cold Sores Why

In the past I have gotten cold sores about once or twice a year and each lasted about a week.  I currently have a small cold sore that has come up and had another one about two months ago and still another in November (those two lasted about two days).  Why am I getting cold sores so frequently?  I went to the doctor and tested positive for HSV2 but am in the false positive range.  I had a cold sore when I took the test.  I read a study that said that the chances of a false positive for HSV2 is increased if the patient is in the middle of an active break out.  Is this true or was it false information?  Does this have something to do with the frequency of the cold sores that I am getting.  
Are you talking about HSV1 cold sores on your mouth ?
Yes, cold sores on my mouth.  I am not sure why I have had so many in the past couple months.  Two.  Way more than usual.