Could I be infected by one type twice?
My results for a combination HSV I/II test were as follows:

HSV 1/2 IgG 20.3 With Positive > 1.0
HSV 1/2 IgM 1.86 With Positive > 1.09

My sores did not in any way resemble blisters or cold sores. In fact, they looked like spongy, rubbery, ivory-colored growths. (I remember thinking it had something to do with fungus or yeast) They stuck to a piece of toilet paper and came off tje same day they sprouted.

My question is...are these results reliable? I have heard many conflicting stories about IgM reliability.

Is it possible that I only have one type? I've never had cold sores in my life, but I'm praying that both infections (if they are infections) are type 1. Is that possible? Or is it more than likely that I contracted both types?

Can anyone give me some hope that this isn't genital herpes?

What is a more reliable, type-specific test?

It's really helpful when you just keep adding to your original post instead of making a new one each time. we go over this in our read before posting post on this forum. thank you for your future cooperation with this.  

I already told you that the testing you had done was a waste of your time.  repeat it with a type specific herpes igg blood test like the herpeselect, captia herpes test or the herpes western blot.

the free herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com has a whole section on testing for more info.

grace