Herpes Community
Could I get Genital Herpes from sleeping next to someone who has it?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Okay, well let me explain. Last week my little 18 year old sister flat out told me she had herpes. She is someone who sleeps around, and often doesn't use a condom. She does stay in serious relationships, but inbetween she does sleep around. She is kind of a strange person. She likes to brag about her sexual adventures to me, because I'm 22 years old, and very, very virgin. She feels that she needs to educate me, even if I don't want to know.

Now the night she told me she was suppose to stay over and have a girls night. Well I was ashamed to have her at my house. I admit it, and I know it was wrong of me. It didn't help that she told me you should get it from dry humping, which made me paranoid. She didn't want to sleep on the couch, so she stayed in my bed with me. She is very cuddly when she sleeps. Very. She was rolling on me, rubbing up against me. And all she was wearing was a tank top and panties, and she said she was having an outbreak. I was wearing a full pajama set. I wasn't worried at the time...and I didn't clean them afterwards, dispite them already needing to be done.  

Its been over a week now, and suddenly I am discharging a lot more than I usually do. I am a very clean person, and I clean my vagina often, especially when in the shower. I did some research on genital herpes discharge, and it says it is thick and sometimes watery like cottage cheese...and mine is. I'm very worried...so does anyone have any ideas? I mean, I hope I don't. Please help me with any corrections I have made up above. A few websites have all said something so different.

whatever is going on in your genital area right now, it has absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with sleeping in bed with your sister. Herpes is a sexually transmitted infection. It isn't something you are going to contract fully clothed sleeping next to someone.

grace
Thank you. I did get a quick check-up booked with my doctor, just in case it was anything else. It was my sister telling me you could get it dry humping that really bothered me. Thank you for replying. I've been worried about it all day.
I don't think you were naked and dry humping with your sister now were you?

grace